Time for a new vehicle

Watrat

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
Good morning,
I have held out long enough and am now putting too much money into current vehicle that its time to look for something else...either new or new to me. Most of the models I have been looking at are listed as being carplay compliant from the apple page but am not seeing it on sticker windows. For instance I have been looking at another Jeep..they have uconnect screens and such and Jeep is listed as being eligible. If I ask sales person I know he is going to tell me what I want to hear whether its true or not (bad past experiences with car salesmen). If carplay is not available now on one of the models is it something that can be setup with an update when it is or is it more of a hardware compatibility thing? Since I am not hearing anything from jeep people is it already available or do I need to wait for the 2016 models if I want carplay jeep or otherwise?

Thanks

Bigeric23

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
Let me say this: Don't take a salesperson's word on anything. Bring your device and test it, and if they don't want to let you, go somewhere else.

Watrat

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
Thanks. Thats why I asked here. Am curious if they are available yet and, if not, is it simply a software/firmware update or could hardware be the issue and only available in new models?

glitch03

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
Most likely you will need a new model to get the feature. There have not been any specific Jeep models that have announced compatibility. The latest news release is that the 2016 Accords will be compatible with CarPlay.

Beyond Fire

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
You can always get an aftermarket unit with CarPlay and not have to worry about which car that you want will have it available or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

beingbenjamin

Sep 1, 2014
Visit site
I will confidently say this. Carmakers are notorious about updating anything. If CarPlay isn't there when you test drive, then I wouldn't hedge my bets that a manufacturer update will turn it on. Like the others said, take you a USB cable and your phone, and check it out.

JKirkland86

Dec 17, 2015
Visit site
Definitely agree on not trusting car salesmen. Didn't find out till after I signed paperwork that my car had 3 owners before me, in 3 years. Making me nervous about what is wrong with it that I haven't discovered yet. Take your cable and try it out. Manufacturers update stuff as fast as Verizon pushes updates for Windows phone. Whenever they get the time and feel like being generous. Expect to get screwed over if the features are not there when you get it.

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Ford has just announced that some of their 2016 cars will feature CarPlay.

Trying to find a list of actual cars/years that already have CarPlay installed is proving to be somewhat difficult as a number of manufacturers keep mentioning it but some of them are yet to deliver.

When I get back out to the USA, i'll be looking to lease a car and CarPlay is certainly one option I am keen to explore on a new car I get.

lkveggie

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
CarPlay isn't something that can be "turned on" by the manufacturer after you buy the vehicle, it has to be built into the software at release. So as more improvements and updates come along, you will need a new vehicle, similar to iPhones and touch ID/force touch/etc. Kind of annoying, but happens with anything involved with technology.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
elena4151