Tim Cook teases "exciting new product categories" for this fall and 2014

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
"Apple's quarterly conference calls are always full of enlightening snippets of information, and the call following the release of the second quarter of 2013 financial results was no exception. In addition to revealing explosive growth in China, aggressive iPhone 4 pricing in developing markets, and that there are still trade-offs that would exist were Apple to hypothetically make a hypothetical iPhone with a screen of some size hypothetically larger than the 4 inches of the current iPhone 5, Cook hinted that Apple is investing in "the potential of exciting new product categories" and that Apple might be announcing new products in the fall."

Tim Cook teases "exciting new product categories" for this fall and 2014 | iMore.com

What's your take folks??? What would Apple be looking into for the Fall or 2014??? Are you surprised with the call???

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
New product category? The iWatch

New product? New iPhone, new iPad Mini and new 5th generation iPad & maybe a new MacBook Pro.

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
Probably that [redacted] watch no one wants. Make the iPhone, iPad, and Mac even better! Don't waste our time on the stupid watch!

Tappin and Talkin from my iPhone 5

Last edited by a moderator:

JobSteves

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
I think Apple's #1 concern should be with ios7. Making a drastic overhaul of the UI and giving it a lot of MUCH NEEDED features (not ones like NFC that hardly anyone can use anyway).

Oh and about the screen size? I think anywhere from 4" - 4.3" is the ideal phone size.

KaterinaM

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
I think Apple's #1 concern should be with ios7. Making a drastic overhaul of the UI and giving it a lot of MUCH NEEDED features (not ones like NFC that hardly anyone can use anyway).

Especillay after the problems with iOS6 after its release. The users won't forgive the second mistake.

natasftw

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Especillay after the problems with iOS6 after its release. The users won't forgive the second mistake.

A mistake like ignoring the user base is happy with iOS and starting on a massive overhaul taking some forms of debugging back several years?

Keep in mind, Apple Maps was a "drastic overhaul."

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
I'm sure any new products category will build on what's already in place in the iOS world. I consider the watch idea less of a hobby than the apple tv ever was. It's insignificant.

Gaming is the way into the living room. Give me a beefed up Apple TV with apps and games. Design a controller but also allow iphones to serve that purpose. The UI on the other consoles is garbage.

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site

Oh and about the screen size? I think anywhere from 4" - 4.3" is the ideal phone size.

What are the much needed features you are missing?

I hope they don't radically alter the UI. There isn't anything wrong with it. It works well and is easy for anyone to use.

I see them probably releasing new products running iOS of some kind. But it's really hard to say as I'm not at all interested in an Apple made TV or an iWatch.

sanc333

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
why is everyone thinking a new product to be the iWatch?
probably apple may redesigning the iPods as they are becoming obsolete. take the rumoured iWatch to be redesigned wearable iPod with wireless Bluetooth enabled speakers which can also work as an accessory to the iPhone .

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I think they should make a new feature that no other device has ..the watch would be cool with features of a pebble watch .. But change it up like other device are forward facing speakers .. Dual speakers .. Something a TV app that picks up over the programming lol

Sent from my iPhone 5 from a galaxy far far away (in the USA ) using Tapatalk !

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
why is everyone thinking a new product to be the iWatch?
probably apple may redesigning the iPods as they are becoming obsolete. take the rumoured iWatch to be redesigned wearable iPod with wireless Bluetooth enabled speakers which can also work as an accessory to the iPhone .

Everyone is thinking it because it's been one of the only legitimate focal points of new Apple related products that has been heavily discussed in the last 6 months. I still kind of feel that Apple releasing a article of clothing accessory is a bit far fetched, but amongst the other rumors (like the Apple TV, which has literally had ZERO legitimately sourced info), this seems to have the most weight up to this point this year...especially since the new iPhone is hush hush.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77