Tim Cook says more iPhone buyers switched from Android last quarter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Up_And_Away

Aug 27, 2021
Visit site
Apple was historically a bit open but vague on sales numbers though the number of iPhones sold first week was a BFD for marketing. Over the years they dropped that and overall it has become extremely vague. No one knows how many iPhones, iPads, macs, watches, AirPods, AirTags, Homepods or AppleTVs have been sold. No one knows how many AppleOne, iCloud+, Music, AppleCare+ or AppleTV+ subscribers there are. LOL, we know barely more than collectively these devices generate 10 freight trains of cash. So unfortunately the switcher comment is badly lacking in substance. Fortunately I was able to decipher it: ((ADP/IPS)*(.15-.09)) = 3 million iPhones were bought by net switchers :)

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
That’s a whole lot of android users switching to iOS.

Seems to be more and more every quarter.

vimagreg

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
Well, but I can assure that here in Brazil an awful lot of users are changing from iOS to Android. Main cause: high prices. This kind of talk says absolutely nothing to be honest.

anon(41073)

Sep 13, 2014
Visit site
Well, but I can assure that here in Brazil an awful lot of users are changing from iOS to Android. Main cause: high prices. This kind of talk says absolutely nothing to be honest.

It's relatively flat. Android gained about 2% marketshare worldwide and Apple lost about 2% worldwide. Tim didn't give and a number, so his claim could be only 2 people. Samsung sold the most phones but was down 1% from a year ago. Apple manged to increase sales by 2%. Overall, the whole market down 9% from a year ago. The thing with numbers, is that you spin them anyway you want to support your narrative.

https://www.idc.com/getdoc.jsp?containerId=prUS49063822

https://gs.statcounter.com/os-market-share/mobile/worldwide/#monthly-202201-202203

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Tim already did that for us. Thanks for proving my point.

Tim is the CEO of Apple. I’m sure he and his team spin numbers here and there to make a more positive impression. What company head doesn’t for its products and service? My point is this - spinning numbers is not limited to companies, governments, etcetera. We the people do it too and some more so than others for the exact same reason - to support their position/claim/premise.

anon(41073)

Sep 13, 2014
Visit site
Tim is the CEO of Apple. I’m sure he and his team spin numbers here and there to make a more positive impression. What company head doesn’t for its products and service? My point is this - spinning numbers is not limited to companies, governments, etcetera. We the people do it too and some more so than others for the exact same reason - to support their position/claim/premise.

Well my point is , that Q1 2022, Apple lost market share. I was directly responding to vimagreg about Tim's numbers being skewed. Then next thing you know, in comes the cult like behavior anytime an ounce of negativity is mentioned about Apple....Toxic. You didn't hesitate to come to Tim's defense "moderator" for my response that was obviously directed at someone else.

vimagreg

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
Well my point is , that Q1 2022, Apple lost market share. I was directly responding to vimagreg about Tim's numbers being skewed. Then next thing you know, in comes the cult like behavior anytime an ounce of negativity is mentioned about Apple....Toxic. You didn't hesitate to come to Tim's defense "moderator" for my response that was obviously directed at someone else.
People here is very toxic when trying to defend Apple like it was their parents! Very very annoying. Tim Cook said absolutely nothing as he always do. That's correct, ok, that's company's marketing policy. But then somebody comes and say something different and the Apples Army comes in the company's honor rescue. Unnecessary.

In time: I use Apple. iPhone. MacBook. Apple Watch. iPad. But I really don't see any need to defend the company like it was my family or whatsoever.

anon(41073)

Sep 13, 2014
Visit site

I am with you, I own an iPhone,M1 Macbook Air, Ipad Pro. 2 Apple TV 4K's Airpods etc. Then again I also own so called competitors products as well. They're all just tools. No emotional attachment.

"When you defend a brand that you love,you are putting any value or worth of yourself into that brand." Travis MCP He goes on to mention that it's a dangerous practice.

https://youtu.be/tOiSDrOWBGM

Starts at 3:30

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

You know I didn’t come to Tim’s defense. That is simply your interpretation. I stated facts just like you did. No one else is jumping on the bandwagon so your cult-like statement is again, your interpretation.

I don’t have any problems with anything you’ve typed thus far but any response to the contrary is viewed negatively - at least it seems that way. I’m providing a non-hostile and different viewpoint and you can say the same. It’s like tic tac toe.

Anyway, I don’t mean to upset you so I’m going to returning to my chore of painting a wall at home. Enjoy your weekend.

vimagreg

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
I am with you, I own an iPhone,M1 Macbook Air, Ipad Pro. 2 Apple TV 4K's Airpods etc. Then again I also own so called competitors products as well. They're all just tools. No emotional attachment.

"When you defend a brand that you love,you are putting any value or worth of yourself into that brand." Travis MCP He goes on to mention that it's a dangerous practice.

https://youtu.be/tOiSDrOWBGM

Starts at 3:30
Very well put. When I buy a product I pay for it with my money, not my allegiance. I take the phone. I give my money. And that's it. So simple

anon(41073)

Sep 13, 2014
Visit site
You know I didn’t come to Tim’s defense. That is simply your interpretation. I stated facts just like you did. No one else is jumping on the bandwagon so your cult-like statement is again, your interpretation.

I don’t have any problems with anything you’ve typed thus far but any response to the contrary is viewed negatively - at least it seems that way. I’m providing a non-hostile and different viewpoint and you can say the same. It’s like tic tac toe.

Anyway, I don’t mean to upset you so I’m going to returning to my chore of painting a wall at home. Enjoy your weekend.

https://www.businessinsider.com/nyu-professor-says-apple-is-a-cult-2015-9

Apple is 'obviously a cult,' says NYU professor.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

Apple Inc. is an American multinational technology company that specializes in consumer electronics, software and online services. Apple is the largest information technology company by revenue (totaling US$365.8 billion in 2021) and as of January 2021, it is the world's most valuable company, the fourth-largest personal computer vendor by unit sales and second-largest mobile phone manufacturer. It is one of the Big Five American information technology companies, alongside Alphabet, Amazon, Meta, and Microsoft.

Source: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apple_Inc.

See the difference in viewpoints? There is always more than one. Just food for thought.

anon(41073)

Sep 13, 2014
Visit site
Apple Inc. is an American multinational technology company that specializes in consumer electronics, software and online services. Apple is the largest information technology company by revenue (totaling US$365.8 billion in 2021) and as of January 2021, it is the world's most valuable company, the fourth-largest personal computer vendor by unit sales and second-largest mobile phone manufacturer. It is one of the Big Five American information technology companies, alongside Alphabet, Amazon, Meta, and Microsoft.

Source: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apple_Inc.

See the difference in viewpoints? There is always more than one. Just food for thought.

The Science of Apple Inc., or How to Create a Cult in Five Easy Steps

Step 5: Set Up an Us-Versus-Them Dynamic
“First, make sure your followers believe they are part of an exclusive club, unified by common goals. The, to strengthen this bond, manufacture a notion of a devious enemy out to ruin you.

…Any outsider who tries to reveal the charlatan nature of your belief system can now be described as a member of this devious force.”

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
The Science of Apple Inc., or How to Create a Cult in Five Easy Steps

Step 5: Set Up an Us-Versus-Them Dynamic
“First, make sure your followers believe they are part of an exclusive club, unified by common goals. The, to strengthen this bond, manufacture a notion of a devious enemy out to ruin you.

…Any outsider who tries to reveal the charlatan nature of your belief system can now be described as a member of this devious force.”

I find it amazing about this reoccurring theme - if someone states, for example, that he or she always have problems with Apple USB cables and they conclude that the cables are cheap and not dependable, they are clearly stating their opinion based on their experience. Right? Yet, as soon as someone states that Apple USB cables have been fabulous and very dependable, the vitriol received from those who desire to only read about the negative is immediate and essentially cult-like even though the person making the statement is expressing his or her opinion based on his or her experience.

Basically, anyone who has more positive experiences with Apple than negative is automatically a lemming and part of a cult. Some people refuse to believe that Apple customers in general can truly be that satisfied with their Apple products and the only way they can justify those people being repeat customers is because they’re brainwashed.

Many of those same haters will only buy a Chevy or a Ford because they’ve been satisfied customers for many years and don’t see the need to switch to a different brand, yet they are completely blind to that same logic when it comes to Apple. It blows my mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.