Tim Cook is taking a huge pay cut

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Aw, poor poor man taking an appropriately $50 million pay cut in 2023.

What, are we supposed to feel bad for the man?

Nope. Not at all.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
If you can take a $50 million pay cut then you’re extremely well-compensated and are not hurting financially at all, in my opinion.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I couldn’t care less about his compensation. Were it exorbitantly high or ridiculously low, I won’t lose any sleep because of it.

Also, in both cases, I couldn’t even care more less about how he spends it.

Up_And_Away

Aug 27, 2021
Visit site
Tim Cook could work this year for a dollar and it wouldn’t change his life. In past interviews he’s stated he’ll give much of his wealth to charity. That tells me the modest level of upper society he leads has a cost level that is already covered many times over in perpetuity. But! Apple is the most profitable private corporation on the planet and is so farrrrr beyond Tim Cook salary or personal financials. Apple buys back 80,000,000,000 dollars of stock all but annually (literally buy it and put it in the shredder). So If it was me I’d not leave money on the table. If the board would like him to take a pay cut or even a dollar due to hard times or just symbolically, no problem just show me the tastier stock or options compensation when my leadership raises stock price.
Shareholders deciding CEO compensation is a bad idea especially as a number of institutions that are pushing an agenda (not a best for this one company agenda) own huge! amounts of stock. Bottom line, CEOs should hit the mega jackpot when the company is killin it, period. Apple is killin it, period. If Apple revenue goes negative over multiple quarters, CEOs should be receiving low end of compensation scale. This makes sure CEOs are all in on making a company start killin it. The CEO killin it results in Numerous people having a thriving job and retirements staying healthy

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73