Tim Cook: "I fear deeply the loss of privacy"

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I’m in agreement with Mr. Cook, but the younger generation do not seem to care about privacy as much as previous generations. That is only “my” observation and I don’t have any stats to back it up.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
People made it easier to be surveilled because they went ahead and gave up their privacy. There is no “loss”. It’s what happens when you want to detail every detail about yourself on Facebook like a lunatic.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I also agree with Tim. It never ceases to amaze me how my thoughts are echoing those of my father so many years ago when he would lecture us about the "youth of today". I remember sitting on the couch, trying not to roll my eyes, and not look at my sister, because we would surely start to laugh. I realize now that much of what he was "going on about" was right. With age comes wisdom and, the saying "you can't help those who don't want to be helped" seems to apply as well.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
People made it easier to be surveilled because they went ahead and gave up their privacy. There is no “loss”. It’s what happens when you want to detail every detail about yourself on Facebook like a lunatic.

Yep and you are spot on.

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
I can only agree that it is a generational thing
and that the young don’t seem to care about privacy, they will !
I was brought up to believe that privacy was important, for instance, it is rude to ask how someone has, or is about to, vote. And you never read other people’s letters unless directly invited, etc.
I do NOT believe that your privacy is a worthless thing. I do believe a vast number of people will regret their openness.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner