Thoughts on iPhone 5s tech specs?

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Thoughts on iPhone 5S tech specs?

I'm thinking that the iPhone 5s will have a quad core A7 chip with a quad core gpu that is in the iPad 4 or something better, 2 GB of ram but 1 GB seems more likely, Wireless AC, fingerprint sensor, and will come in 32, 64, 128 GB of storage.

I'll also throw in the possibility of a screen size bump to 4.3" as a unlikely feature but could happen

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: Thoughts on iPhone 5S tech specs?

Anything is possible, and we'll know for certain in a few weeks...:)

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site

I'm thinking that the iPhone 5s will have a quad core A7 chip with a quad core gpu that is in the iPad 4 or something better, 2 GB of ram but 1 GB seems more likely, Wireless AC, fingerprint sensor, and will come in 32, 64, 128 GB of storage.

I'll also throw in the possibility of a screen size bump to 4.3" as a unlikely feature but could happen
A larger screen size would be hardware not a feature and this I am 100% sure won't happen with the 5S. As to the Spec part of your question, we'll all know this and more on this date: Apple announcing iPhone 5s, perhaps iPhone 5c, on September 10 | iMore

anon5664829

May 6, 2013
Visit site

bwhahahahahahaha? Quad core in an iPhone that has a 1450mAH battery? Yeah good luck with good battery life.

Realistic specs:
Dual core 1.3GHZ A7 based on 28nm process(Battery conserving)
Same display
1GB RAM
1500mAH battery
12MP dual LED flash with OIS(Optical image stabilisation)
Gold coloured option
16/32/64GB tiers
OR if the 5C becomes a reality
32/64/128GB.
Fingerprint scanner
Slow motion video recording.

Sooooooo anyone wanna bookmark this page and see how close I get?

Richard Nieves

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site

bwhahahahahahaha? Quad core in an iPhone that has a 1450mAH battery? Yeah good luck with good battery life.

Realistic specs:
Same display
1GB RAM
1500mAH battery
Gold coloured option
16/32/64GB tiers
32/64/128GB.
Fingerprint scanner

Isn't the current iphone a 1.3 qhz processor? I read several places it was. Honestly I'm thinking dual core 1.5-1.7 but all other specs sound right

anon5664829

May 6, 2013
Visit site

Isn't the current iphone a 1.3 qhz processor? I read several places it was. Honestly I'm thinking dual core 1.5-1.7 but all other specs sound right

It is 1.3GHZ in the current iPhone but clock speed doesn't matter, die size,efficiency, less heat generated, more powerful SOC in the same size is more important then GHZ.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site

32 gig for the current 16 gig price would be nice .. Not sure about gold thou

Sent from my iPhone 5 from a galaxy far far away (in the USA ) using Tapatalk !

tigerinexile

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site

Hoping for a 12-13 MP camera. Also hoping that the space doubles -- 32/64/128.
Expect shape/form to remain constant.

And yes, I'm getting the gold one.

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

Realistic specs:
Same display
1GB RAM
1500mAH battery
Gold coloured option
16/32/64GB tiers
32/64/128GB.
Fingerprint scanner

I'm just basing my guess off an old rumor that the apple was testing quad-core chips that could be the A7.

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site

I'm just basing my guess off an old rumor that the apple was testing quad-core chips that could be the A7.

And they very well may be. No one knows for sure and we still might not immediately after the unveiling since Apple tends not to discuss processor/ram specifications.

Trees

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site

It is 1.3GHZ in the current iPhone but clock speed doesn't matter, die size,efficiency, less heat generated, more powerful SOC in the same size is more important then GHZ.

Sorry, I'm a bit unclear how clock speed doesn't matter. I'm used to thinking of clock speeds for server class systems, where all other system architecture design elements being equal - a faster CPU, FSB, and memory system will generally get more work done in less time - as compared to a slower combination. I'm on board about the trade offs around heat, power, and space requirements.

anon5664829

May 6, 2013
Visit site

Sorry, I'm a bit unclear how clock speed doesn't matter. I'm used to thinking of clock speeds for server class systems, where all other system architecture design elements being equal - a faster CPU, FSB, and memory system will generally get more work done in less time - as compared to a slower combination. I'm on board about the trade offs around heat, power, and space requirements.
The thing is will you really notice a speed bump from 1.3GHZ to 1.5GHZ? Tradeoffs aren't worth it.

anon5664829

May 6, 2013
Visit site

Sorry if I came off as rude:( the thing is it's just not practical for the iPhone. I could see it be a possibility with the iPad though.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site

Sorry if I came off as rude:( the thing is it's just not practical for the iPhone. I could see it be a possibility with the iPad though.

Chetan, why do you think it's practical for the iPad and not the iPhone?

Just curious.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2.

anon5664829

May 6, 2013
Visit site

Chetan, why do you think it's practical for the iPad and not the iPhone?

Just curious.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2.
Heat and battery capacity issues. You hear about modern Android phones having quad core processors because, well they have space inside to keep the phone cool enough and with a bigger phone body you can put in a bigger battery. the heat issue doesn't matter in an iPad which has a massive body(comparatively speaking)Apple would not sacrifice battery for raw processing power. Which, iOS does not need.

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

It's ok. And for the record I was thinking of a quad core with a max clock speed somewhere between 1 to 1.2 ghz and has dynamic clocking based on work load to save on battery.

Trees

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site

The thing is will you really notice a speed bump from 1.3GHZ to 1.5GHZ? Tradeoffs aren't worth it.

1.3 to 1.5 is ~ 13% increase. Not clear if that's noticeable to, or pereptible by the human eye. If the trade off to gain the extra cycles means more heat and higher power consumption that in turn may exceed the desired design requirements and system longevity, then I agree that the trade offs may not be worth it. For example, I'd rather see a design with more RAM, great GPU, and larger CPU L1,L2,L3 caches - than a few more cycles.

anon5664829

May 6, 2013
Visit site

1.3 to 1.5 is ~ 13% increase. Not clear if that's noticeable to, or pereptible by the human eye. If the trade off to gain the extra cycles means more heat and higher power consumption that in turn may exceed the desired design requirements and system longevity, then I agree that the trade offs may not be worth it. For example, I'd rather see a design with more RAM, great GPU, and larger CPU L1,L2,L3 caches - than a few more cycles.

It really isn't. I over clocked my Nexus 4 from 1.5 GHZ to 1.9GHZ all it did(for me) is to make the phone slightly hotter. Yeah tradeoffs are not worth it especially since games probably clock the iPhone to 1.3GHZ and if you play games a lot then you would feel a lot more heat.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal