thoughts on iPhone 5 and Foxconn?

emozdashietxp

Jan 2, 2011
Visit site
seems like the riots unveiled many problems after the release of iPhone 5. Especially in terms of our supply and demand for this newly advanced product. I mean, congrats on the 5 million sold in 3 days milestone, im still brushing up on the taller screen, but its hella good to hold one of the fastest phone out there in the market. but the pressing issues of foxconn has really shoned the light. like really, ive had 4 gens of iphone, i knew they were manufactured in china, had some idea that such country were industrially manufactured in these factories, accepted that their working conditions are very different than ours under circumstances. but has it gone far? people are literally killing for these phones. im not trying to set sides of hating iphone or apple lol. i love apple ^__^. but again, just sharing! i would like to hear your thoughts. even a simple "i dont really care lol" comment can say a lot.

note: oh the irony as im typing this on my iphone 5. lol

boomhower1820

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Chinese factory conditions are crap and they make crap money. This isn't news. If you want US standards the you phone price will likely double.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Timhewitt

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
The riots at Foxconn were caused by two things.

1) A guard and an employee got into a fight. It escalated. Not an official company issue. The guard was fired.

2) Raises that were promised were not delivered on time. Apple reprimanded Foxconn. The raises were applied retroactively.

Nothing to see here...

Timhewitt

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
Chinese factory conditions are crap and they make crap money. This isn't news. If you want US standards the you phone price will likely double.

Though you are welcome to your opinion, the conditions at Foxconn match virtually any factory in the world the labor is paid higher than just about any other factory in the area. The lines are very long with people trying to work there.

Wages are higher than most of the surrounding factories, and these kids send virtually all of their wages home to their families.

9thWonder

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
thoughts. I wish the world was such as manufacturing in the U.S. and having those people have a living wage was as economically viable as manufacturing in China. Sadly it is not. But other then that i don't care.

boomhower1820

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Though you are welcome to your opinion, the conditions at Foxconn match virtually any factory in the world the labor is paid higher than just about any other factory in the area. The lines are very long with people trying to work there.

Wages are higher than most of the surrounding factories, and these kids send virtually all of their wages home to their families.

Yep. Great conditions. One factory blew up last year and mandated excessive overtime. Sign me up. Just because their wages are higher than surrounding factories doesn't make it good. Making $200/month vs $150/month is certainly better but would you want to work for that?

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods