Those who moved from google to apple for calendar/contact/mail.....

anon(4742831)

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
I am restoring my 8.3 onto my iphone. I had ran 8.4 beta, and starting fresh back with 8.3

I've always used google for calendar/contacts/email.
I am seriously considering moving to an all apple system. I have my calendar exported from google to apple.
I am now thinking of moving onto the next step, the contacts/email.

Are there any users who can share their experiences moving from google to say using only apple for this management?
Thanks.

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
To be honest I'd suggest Outlook.com instead. Apple isn't the best for Contacts & Calendar. Even more so if you want to sync items with Microsoft Outlook. Just my opinion...

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Yes, I've completely moved away from Google in favor of iCloud. Why is unimportant. The transition for me was almost effortless. I exported my Google Calendar and then imported it into my Mac Calendar app which then synced to iCloud. I did the same for my contacts, if I'm not mistaken. Anyway, this all occurred back in 2011/2012 when I was using an iPhone 4S. I don't miss Google at all.

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
I switched to iCloud calendar when I got my phone in September. I like it a lot, it does exactly what I need, nothing I don't.

mikeo007

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
I use iCloud as my main calendar, and as my backup email, contacts, tasks, etc.
If you're using an iPhone, it will be your best experience. Push happens faster and syncing with Apple devices and other family members is effortless.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh