This phone is INCREDIBLE

fredriks

May 24, 2013
Visit site
I usually find IOS to be the better and more stable device than android is. I use both platforms and always end up using IOS the most.

I agree, use both but ends up with iPhone most of the time. It's so stable, have good notifications, nice feeling of haptic feedback, great battery (Iphone 8+), great fingerprint sensor and so on

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I have the note 9. It doesn’t even come close.

I think from now on it’s safe to say to also ignore most review websites. Everyone who said this wasn’t really an upgrade. Are you kidding me ? Every single thing is an upgrade

It’s faster.
Larger and better screen
Better sound
Better camera
Better battery
Better Face ID unlock
Larger storage.

Literally every component is an upgrade. I’m glad I got it this is a SUPER PHONE

It’s not a fair comparison tbh.

I’m enjoying my iPhone Xs max and Apple Watch combo. Coming from an iPhone X, the larger screen and wider display really makes a big difference.

jpgti

Apr 7, 2015
Visit site
I had the Note 9 before the Max, and I agree that the Max is better. The Note 9 and other Galaxy phones have a problem with light leaking around the bezel (some have it and some don’t). It’s very distracting and shouldn’t be that way, especially on a $1000 device. I returned one Note 9 for this and my replacement was worse! A lot of people and Samsung say that the light leak is normal with curved screens and only a cosmetic problem, which is ridiculous. The Note 9’s speakers are also garbage, I couldn’t believe how quiet they were. I had a lot of buyer’s remorse with the Note 9. I have no buyer’s remorse at all with the Max. The photo below is my Note 9 light leak. The white line closest to the display is the screen protector(which is normal light refraction). The bright white line farthest from the display is the light leak(which is caused by a lack of black paint) , it’s between the black bezel and the aluminum frame. //uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180922/19f51db6bd5a797e46bd68ff0d44e1ab.jpg

That’s terrible. I have a note 9 and don’t have that light leak at all.

wbcolon

Dec 5, 2009
Visit site
I have a Note 9 and Max. I love each differently. I’ll use the Note for a few days and miss using the Max and vice versa. I can say that the Max feels more premium and polished, but the Note is nice when I get an itch for something different to use. The only thing that bothers me is the negative reports of terrible connectivity on the Max. I’m locked into it for 24 payments so I guess I’ll flip flop between the 2.

anon(1733)

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
Just got the Max today. So far I’m really liking it. Had the Note 9 and had no issues. Really liked it but like I always do I felt the need to switch and got the Pixel 3 XL. Pixel was a good device. Notch didn’t bother me at all. Screen was awesome. It was fast. But couldn’t stay always as much as I tried. Woke up today and was feeling the Max. Went to BB and got one. I will return the pixel sometime this week.

I will say although I am really liking the Max I have to exchange it because the back plate is not on all the way on one corner leaving a rough raises edge. I didn’t see it when I left the store so I’ll have to exchange it. Other than that it’s been a good device so far. Albeit for the the 12 hours I’ve had it.

love4speechless

Sep 25, 2018
Visit site
The speakers on the max are incredible. When I first got the phone I played the exact same video on both my 8+ and 10s Max. It was no comparison. My 10s Max was so loud when watching YouTube the first time I had to turn it down lol

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Just got the Max today. So far I’m really liking it. Had the Note 9 and had no issues. Really liked it but like I always do I felt the need to switch and got the Pixel 3 XL. Pixel was a good device. Notch didn’t bother me at all. Screen was awesome. It was fast. But couldn’t stay always as much as I tried. Woke up today and was feeling the Max. Went to BB and got one. I will return the pixel sometime this week.

I will say although I am really liking the Max I have to exchange it because the back plate is not on all the way on one corner leaving a rough raises edge. I didn’t see it when I left the store so I’ll have to exchange it. Other than that it’s been a good device so far. Albeit for the the 12 hours I’ve had it.

Right when I think I have an addiction problem, you go and make me feel better about my life choices! All kidding aside, I keep trying to go back to Android but I just can't pull the trigger. Everything is telling me to just stick it out with Apple and get the Max. But that price tag just makes me cringe!

anon(1733)

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
Right when I think I have an addiction problem, you go and make me feel better about my life choices! All kidding aside, I keep trying to go back to Android but I just can't pull the trigger. Everything is telling me to just stick it out with Apple and get the Max. But that price tag just makes me cringe!

Do it lol. You’ll like it. Let the addiction take over. That’s what I do. Lol.

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site

My addiction has pretty much left me with iOS lately. Every android phone I try lasts a VERY short time. I’m thinking it’s iOS or bust for me at this point in time. Now, what is the best method for me to snag an XS Max?

anon(1733)

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
I do the same. I switch away from the iPhone. Tell myself I’ll stay on Android. Then switch right back. Lol. As of late I left the iPhone X. Got the note 9. Got the Blackberry Keytwo. Got the Pixel 3XL and tried the One Plus 6. And here I am. Brand new iPhone Max with leather case. Lol.

Didn’t really see many deals unless you want a new line of service. I paid off my line and started fresh with the max.

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site

While the price tag is high you are getting components that outclass what android oems currently offers. E.g. 7nm soc with an 8 core npu , nvme storage, 3d facial biometrics, Dolby vision, 4K @ 60fps, true edge to Edge display without a forehead and chin, stainless steel frame, apple support and the apple ecosystem to just to name a few.

Keep in mind, next year android oems will certainly increase prices trying to match the iPhones Xs, might as well get the best this year offers and enjoy it and give android oems another look next year when they finally catch up on components/hardware.

And if you change your mind at any time iPhone prices won’t collapse like android flagships tend to do 1-2months after release, retail prices or seconda hand value.

Good luck.

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site

Looks like I'm going to order a Max in the next couple of days. Have to pay off my card first just to add the Max back on! Got a Nike Watch Series 4 already, and then we'll see what this announcement next week says before I add anymore Apple gear to my collection. I was trying to stay agnostic other than phone and watch, but I have a feeling I'm probably going to end up going all in.

mogelijk

iPad Champion
Champion
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
My addiction has pretty much left me with iOS lately. Every android phone I try lasts a VERY short time. I’m thinking it’s iOS or bust for me at this point in time. Now, what is the best method for me to snag an XS Max?

I've gotten "hooked" on the Apple Watch, which makes it pretty much impossible for me to go back to Android. There just isn't an Android Watch (that I've found) that is as good as Apple's.

Almeuit

Trusted Member
Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I've gotten "hooked" on the Apple Watch, which makes it pretty much impossible for me to go back to Android. There just isn't an Android Watch (that I've found) that is as good as Apple's.

Yep. I was so hopeful for the Pixel Watch and it never came so... Apple Series 4 I went.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
When I am ready it will most likely be the Max. But I want some bills paid off first. I only need the 256 gig . But I am perfectly fine right now. My iPad is just about paid off.
I can afford it but I want a lower bill

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods