This phone is INCREDIBLE

DoyouFanBoyBro

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
I have the note 9. It doesn’t even come close.

I think from now on it’s safe to say to also ignore most review websites. Everyone who said this wasn’t really an upgrade. Are you kidding me ? Every single thing is an upgrade

It’s faster.
Larger and better screen
Better sound
Better camera
Better battery
Better Face ID unlock
Larger storage.

Literally every component is an upgrade. I’m glad I got it this is a SUPER PHONE

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site

I think from now on it’s safe to say to also ignore most review websites. Everyone who said this wasn’t really an upgrade. Are you kidding me ? Every single thing is an upgrade

It’s faster.
Larger and better screen
Better sound
Better camera
Better battery
Better Face ID unlock
Larger storage.

Literally every component is an upgrade. I’m glad I got it this is a SUPER PHONE

I never pay attention to websites or reviews. I know what I want so I get it.

Glad you’re enjoying your device. I’m loving mine! And I came from both the 8Plus and the X.

LadiJae

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site
Interesting my husband has the note 9, and he thinks the opposite.

But when he came home from work couldn't wait to put his hands on MY iPhone Max

I'm loving it...glad I didn't get the X last year cause it's more an upgrade for me coming from the 8plus

DoyouFanBoyBro

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site

I'm loving it...glad I didn't get the X last year cause it's more an upgrade for me coming from the 8plus
That’s hilarious

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
While there were no great upgrades in any regard for this year, the small things they tweaked are absolutely noticeable. I think that gets overlooked in the reviews. That being said, I’m also loving my Max.

Doug B

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
I do notice that Face ID is noticeably faster. There were times with my X that it would take upwards of a couple seconds to unlock and sometimes just completely fail. But with this one it is really snappy. So far so good. Though I’ve only been using the phone now for about 5 hours total.

Mr Segundus

Apr 24, 2018
Visit site
While I agree with you that the iPhone XS Max is an incredible device, I don't think it's any better or worse than the Note 9. Both are two completely different devices for two completely different subsets of consumers.

With that being said, the iPhone XS Max is what the iPhone X should have been last year. I agree with metllicamilitia that the upgrades were small but definitely noticeable. FaceID is quicker. The camera is better (I love the new depth of focus in portrait mode).

My only minor complaint is that I wish the larger size of the XS Max used the extra screen real estate, meaning I wish there was another row of icons on the home screen and more was displayed on the screen.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I do notice that Face ID is noticeably faster. There were times with my X that it would take upwards of a couple seconds to unlock and sometimes just completely fail. But with this one it is really snappy. So far so good. Though I’ve only been using the phone now for about 5 hours total.

Yeah. I was disappointed in no new Face ID hardware but I can already feel the speed difference when unlocking.

swimbikemom2

Sep 16, 2017
Visit site
I’m very happy with my MAX....I got the X last year and was always disappointed by the screen size. Coming from a plus the screen size on the X was small even though they said it was bigger. They should have come out with this IPhone last year!

Terb

Trusted Member
Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
Very happy with MAX as well, apple did good. Was piddling with my X this morning, it sure seems small LOL
Forgot how much I had missed the bigger screen. Face ID is much quicker now, liking the phone all around!

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, I'm the majority here as well. The iPhone Max has surpassed my old favorite iPhone in the 5s variety and is now the iPhone Xs MAX in a VERY short time. This is the form factor I've been hoping for since Apple introduced the larger screen size iPhone with the 6 Plus. Finally the large bezels are GONE...LOL

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site

There are so many movie quotes that would fit the above "husband" narrative... Glad you put MY in all caps! Like with my wife... do you want dessert, "No, will just have some of yours!" Keep your mitts off MY dessert, you want one, I will get you one.. ;-)

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site

It’s faster.
Larger and better screen
Better sound
Better camera
Better battery
Better Face ID unlock
Larger storage.

My brother got it. He loves it as well. Did sassy screen a little bit smaller than the 8+ but he still loves the screen
Of course there will be those who say it’s not an improvement. Bull to them! When I can I intend on getting it. But my 8+ is still good and when I get my iPad paid off most likely will cave in.

Cladster

Nov 28, 2016
Visit site
It's that good i am selling my 2018 iPad, don't need it now and the screen is just terrible after using the X Max.
FID2 is way better than when i had the X, no misses at all yet even in the dark. Brilliant worth every buck.

Oh and the camera are you kidding me :)

Lyall Demorrow

Sep 20, 2014
Visit site
I had the Note 9 before the Max, and I agree that the Max is better. The Note 9 and other Galaxy phones have a problem with light leaking around the bezel (some have it and some don’t). It’s very distracting and shouldn’t be that way, especially on a $1000 device. I returned one Note 9 for this and my replacement was worse! A lot of people and Samsung say that the light leak is normal with curved screens and only a cosmetic problem, which is ridiculous. The Note 9’s speakers are also garbage, I couldn’t believe how quiet they were. I had a lot of buyer’s remorse with the Note 9. I have no buyer’s remorse at all with the Max. The photo below is my Note 9 light leak. The white line closest to the display is the screen protector(which is normal light refraction). The bright white line farthest from the display is the light leak(which is caused by a lack of black paint) , it’s between the black bezel and the aluminum frame.
19f51db6bd5a797e46bd68ff0d44e1ab.jpg

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner