This music player has finally replaced my iPod – at great cost

donnation

Trusted Member
Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
My faithful friend, my iPod, has been a big part of my listening career for a long time. Now, she goes to rest on a shelf, replaced by something newer, more powerful, bigger, and far, far more expensive.

This music player has finally replaced my iPod – at great cost : Read more

Wait, didn't you just write an article 9 days ago stating why you were not getting rid of your iPod (most of which aren't replaced by the FiiO (form factor, click wheel, battery life)? Also you praise the iPod for not connecting to the internet but that's a bonus feature of the FiiO?

https://www.imore.com/music-movies-tv/apple-music/5-reasons-i-still-use-my-ipod

Also, how can you write a story about the FiiO and not show a single photo of the UI and how to navigate through it? How do you put music on it? Is it compatible with a Mac? How is the battery life? You say it connects to the web? How? Is it wifi only or can you put a data account on it? All of these things seem like important questions that should be answered, but aren't.

The link you gave hides the fact that the one being sold is a refurbished unit. You should probably mention that in your "review." You also don't mention that it comes with 64GB of storage (46GB usable) and that you will need to buy a memory card if you have a large music library. Again, seems like something that should be mentioned.

This is not a reveiw of the FiiO. This is FiiO giving you one of their players for free in hopes that you will write some kind words about it. Why anyone would want to buy a device that runs a non-secure version of Android that connects to the web is beyond me, especially one coming from a company that no one knows anything about. Overall I feel like this was very poorly written and that it does a poor job of masking the fact that this is just one big shill article for a company giving away a free item.

HelloNNNewman

Administrator
Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Wait, didn't you just write an article 9 days ago stating why you were not getting rid of your iPod (most of which aren't replaced by the FiiO (form factor, click wheel, battery life)? Also you praise the iPod for not connecting to the internet but that's a bonus feature of the FiiO?

https://www.imore.com/music-movies-tv/apple-music/5-reasons-i-still-use-my-ipod

Also, how can you write a story about the FiiO and not show a single photo of the UI and how to navigate through it? How do you put music on it? Is it compatible with a Mac? How is the battery life? You say it connects to the web? How? Is it wifi only or can you put a data account on it? All of these things seem like important questions that should be answered, but aren't.

The link you gave hides the fact that the one being sold is a refurbished unit. You should probably mention that in your "review." You also don't mention that it comes with 64GB of storage (46GB usable) and that you will need to buy a memory card if you have a large music library. Again, seems like something that should be mentioned.

This is not a reveiw of the FiiO. This is FiiO giving you one of their players for free in hopes that you will write some kind words about it. Why anyone would want to buy a device that runs a non-secure version of Android that connects to the web is beyond me, especially one coming from a company that no one knows anything about. Overall I feel like this was very poorly written and that it does a poor job of masking the fact that this is just one big shill article for a company giving away a free item.
All are great points and very valid questions!

How did they discover this device (like you pointed out - was it a freebee for review)? What's the UI look like?? All we see are pictures of the case with the device unpowered and description that you can FF/RW/Pause and change volume with buttons on the side (like any other device ever built) and that's better than the scroll wheel.

Not many actual review points in this article - just a review of an unknown device from a state-owned Chinese warehouse site.

Reactions: scruffypig

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
l6onn44vy