Third party apps, make or break the watch?

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
So I know there is the usual Apple apps, but what about third party apps? They seem slow and laggy, are they going to make or break the watch? Or will the built in apps be enough?

Bigeric23

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
If you think back to the original iPhone, third-party applications brought that device to life. If Apple cannot improve third-party app performance, you'll have some mighty unhappy customers.

Are the native apps enough? No, I don't think so--not for the long haul.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
If you think back to the original iPhone, third-party applications brought that device to life. If Apple cannot improve third-party app performance, you'll have some mighty unhappy customers.

Are the native apps enough? No, I don't think so--not for the long haul.

True. Apps are everything these days.

JakePleasants

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
The third party apps do feel a bit beta right now but they're not that bad. I don't think that they'll remain like this for long, though.

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
I wouldn't expect anything better than what you see now (performance wise) til the fall with iOS 9. and Apple's promise of native 3rd party apps.

And make or break? Apps defines how smart something is like an iphone. Same with Watch. Right now, it's more of a feature Watch with dependencies. Which is ok for first gen, but definitely not later. It's a good thing the built in features are the main draw for me though. And I think what makes it really forgivable right now is that there's not really a reference smartwatch for the masses that has native 3rd party apps.

To be honest, I think Apple and others are being a bit deceitful (as things are right now) by calling these apps. Widgets probably don't have the same marketing power though. Even with the first gen iphone, they were referred to as "web apps."

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro