thinking of jumping ship to iPhone 4s? is it still a viable phone?

brad4560

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
morning all! I have been on android the past 2 and a half years, just changed to sprint from Verizon last week, and I had no intentions on leaving android until.. 2 nights ago when I was with a friend who had a iphone 4s, and I played around with it, and I fell in love with it. I am a tech guy so I know the 4S isn't the latest and greatest, but I feel it could be the phone for me, i have the photon 4g lte right now but am not happy with it, so i am going to target mobile today to exchange it.. for maybe the 4s?

would i be making a good decision getting the 4s? pros/cons?

thanks for any and all's advice. i have never used iphone before btw.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
i think so but just curious why not go with the 5? that should hold you off for a couple of years, or more, if needed regarding staying up to date with upcoming firmwares

unless it is a money issue..

brad4560

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
i think so but just curious why not go with the 5? that should hold you off for a couple of years, or more, if needed regarding staying up to date with upcoming firmwares

unless it is a money issue..

yes a money issue, lol. and after doing my research i feel i wouldn't be missing out on a lot not going with the 5.

brad4560

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
very kind responses! thank you. i got two hours until i go. gotta make a decision soon lol. always curious about this beast of a phone but android always reared it's ugly head at me lol.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
The 4s is a great device, but like BLINK said if you can scrounge up the extra $100 then the 5 will last you longer. Of course saying that there are still a lot of people floating around with the 3gs :)

what ever choice you make you wont disappointed.

vanadiumdroid

Apr 16, 2012
Visit site
4s user here too, excellent device, and has specs very similar to the 5, so it makes for a great and cheaper option. My contract is up next February (2014), I am positive it will be fine until then and even past that time...

Jrome.brooks

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
4s is a great device and your right your not far behind from the 5 also when you jailbreak the 4s you will have the best of both worlds the customization of android and the solid os of apple

All up in ya using Tapatalk 2

bujin

May 15, 2009
Visit site
I upgraded from a 4s to a 5, but wifey and son each still have a 4s. Theres little to nothing i cant do on the 4s, and every time I pick up Wifey's 4s, I'm a bit surprised by how solid it feels (it's a bit heavier, but in a good way), and I wonder a bit if Apple was right in arguing that the smaller form factor was better.

So yes, the 4s is certainly still viable.

Hail Caesar

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
The 4S is still one of the best phones available! You would not be shut out by it. If I didn't have the 5 I would have the 4S.

saichick04

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
I too jumped ship from Android to iPhone (4s) BACK to android and here I am again.. back to iPhone (4s) and it is just as awesome as it was when i had it initially. I hate I ever traded it when I did. Android kept me entertained but a new, bigger, badder device would come out every 1-2 months leaving me feeling behind the curve. lol. And broke. So I managed to trade my Razr Maxx for an iphone 4s. Do I miss LTE? Yes but the 5 has that and when I'm up for an upgrade I'll get that or maybe the 5s :) I hope you report back and let us know how you like it!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox