Thinking about trading my i5

curryb15

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
Hello everyone I got a iphone 5 on release day 16 gig. Today i am thinking that I should have gotten the 32 gig. I ordered my phone from radio shack, does anyone know if I could just go in there and exchange it and pas the difference? I got the phone on an early upgrade for $450 and traded my 4 in for $150 ( i dont know if this matters). I should just be able to pay the $100 difference ?

jfrebel

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
if possible you're much better off going to an apple store. they're more likely to have units to exchange and apples customer service is better in my experience than anybody else. Yes you can go an apple store, even if you bought it from radio shack.

The buck passing, hoops and rigmarole you get from other stores, apple won't put you through.

scorpiodsu

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
if possible you're much better off going to an apple store. they're more likely to have units to exchange and apples customer service is better in my experience than anybody else. Yes you can go an apple store, even if you bought it from radio shack.

The buck passing, hoops and rigmarole you get from other stores, apple won't put you through.

Yeah but they may not do it for buyers remorse. If you have issues then they don't care where you bought t from. But to simply trade it, not too sure about that.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I got my 16GB from Radio Shack also & I'm returning it today for a 32GB. I spoke with the manager yesterday evening & he said it wouldn't be a problem since they have some 32's in stock & there's no restocking fee.

jasonprice

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
16GB is hardly enough storage anymore. Finally did the 32GB this time with the IP5 and I'm loving it. Got my apps, a few games, a couple movies, some music and still have over 10GB available.

salscott

Mar 4, 2009
Visit site
This has been my experience when Travelling. I like to rent movies to watch on the flights....and have been needing more than the 16. 32 for me.
Radio shack should do this for you....show them you are running out of space.

Lynx

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
I am thinking about doing this also. Except I bought mine from Verizon and do not want to pay the $35 restocking fee :(

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
If you want to swap out your phone for a larger one, you're going to pay the restocking fee...that's the price you pay unfortunately. Perhaps you can swoon one of the employees to hook you up, but my wife did this with the iPhone 4 when she got the 16GB and wanted the 32GB, she actually knew the lady that worked at AT&T and she just said "Sorry, they have to charge you this because there's nothing wrong with the phone."

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
32 GB is a nice mid range. Not to much with price and evens out storage locally. Small price to pay on switching it out. But hope they have them in stock..

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW