Thinking about switching from blackberry to iphone, need your advice.

GingerSnapsBack

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Keyboard; the vertual keyboard with suggested words is second to none!

If you are going to switch away from a Blackberry, the next best phone is the Android (Nexus or Samsung).

I'd throw it out the window or against a wall. I hate that suggestive text because it NEVER suggests the word I want. I'd rather type out what I want than have the phone suggest two dozen words that aren't even close to what I want.

lui22

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/06/09/sazesy9a.jpg

"My passwords are showing in predictive text when typing"
My passwords are showing in predictive text when typing - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com
I have not had an issue with this unless Ive put in my password in my username field

The passwords are actually showing up in the keyboards predictive word suggestion

This must be quite embarrassing for you, I'm not going to call you immature.

Ps: the iPhones keyboard doesn't do that does that mean it's better? I think it does :).

well you wont have that problem if you dont put your password in the username field.

Also if you navigate into var/mobile/library/keyboard/ on ios you will find every keystroke that makes iOS prediction/keyboard dynamic in plaintext.
http://www.reddit.com/r/jailbreak/comments/27hj5n/i_found_a_key_logger/
yufita1.png
Now imagine if you put your password then on iOS in the username field? or in the notes app and then deleted the note?

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
well you wont have that problem if you dont put your password in the username field.

Also if you navigate into var/mobile/library/keyboard/ on ios you will find every keystroke that makes iOS prediction/keyboard dynamic in plaintext.
http://www.reddit.com/r/jailbreak/comments/27hj5n/i_found_a_key_logger/
View attachment 58258
Now imagine if you put your password then on iOS in the username field? or in the notes app and then deleted the note?

Come again?

Edit:
Go back and REREAD my post.
This isn't user error. This is a flaw with bb10 and side-loaded android apps.

Users are getting their passwords ON THIER PREDICTIVE BB10 KEYBOARD, this does not happen on iOS (even if you enter your password in the user field- which is completely off topic).

Last edited:

BBZ10wannabe

May 7, 2014
Visit site
FFR posted:

"Why would anybody pay money for an EOL phone?"

It sounds like a little projection if you ask me. (which I realize you are not) When iOS8 drops which phones will be EOL then? I'm sure BB10 phones will be benefitting from SW updates long past iPhone 4S's, 5's and 5S's and maybe even the 6's?? We shall see, however, I think your comment is misplaced. (of course just my opinion)

It seems that iPhone purposely makes your phones EOL so that they can get more money out of you. Perhaps BlackBerry should start to make phones that last only as long as iPhones so that they can make more money too? I suppose if the software doesn't get you, perhaps the battery or hardware will. Oh well, whatever makes you happy..

As for the OP, the best advice I can give you is to test out the latest phone Apple has before you switch. My wife has an iPhone and I truly can't stand the keyboard. The apps are great, no complaints there. I liked my Z10 keyboard and I love my Z30 keyboard. Many people swear by the tactile keyboard but my first smartphone was a BB Torch 9800 and never got addicted to the keyboard. I value my screen real estate more.

Anyhow, good luck with your choice as it sounds like you have already made it.

Last edited:

John Flud

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
if you can't stand apples keyboard, switch to one of the many third party options coming in iOS 8. problem solved. LOL

lui22

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site
if you can't stand apples keyboard, switch to one of the many third party options coming in iOS 8. problem solved. LOL

The problem for me actually would that I have fists of ham and fingers of butter and the iPhones keyboard is minuscule.

Last edited:

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Maybe it is like the "Last Post Wins" thread we have here on iMore. The consumer with the last BlackBerry produced wins. That contest could be decided soon!

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

Now I will have to pay the Smithsonian a couple million dollars for an antique item; just so I can win a game...

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
FFR posted:

It sounds like a little projection if you ask me. (which I realize you are not) When iOS8 drops which phones will be EOL then? I'm sure BB10 phones will be benefitting from SW updates long past iPhone 4S's, 5's and 5S's and maybe even the 6's?? We shall see, however, I think your comment is misplaced. (of course just my opinion)

It seems that iPhone purposely makes your phones EOL so that they can get more money out of you. Perhaps BlackBerry should start to make phones that last only as long as iPhones so that they can make more money too? I suppose if the software doesn't get you, perhaps the battery or hardware will. Oh well, whatever makes you happy..

As for the OP, the best advice I can give you is to test out the latest phone Apple has before you switch. My wife has an iPhone and I truly can't stand the keyboard. The apps are great, no complaints there. I liked my Z10 keyboard and I love my Z30 keyboard. Many people swear by the tactile keyboard but my first smartphone was a BB Torch 9800 and never got addicted to the keyboard. I value my screen real estate more.

iPhone is a company?...;) Apple doesn't give updates to some devices because the new updates will screw up the device. I see where you're coming from though. :)

ChrFerreira

Jun 8, 2014
Visit site
I must admit than I try once the Iphone keyboard and it didn't convaince me, but I saw in the WWDC than it'll have a new one more comparable with the BB10 keyboard, may be OKAY for me but I don't know. Maybe Blackberry itself will dev a new keyboard for iPhone, we must admit their keyboards are probably the best so if I had an iphone, I probably can buy another from blackberry. I know it'd be deal breacker for BB devices but they don't sale it enough so maybe they can do as with BBM and make it cross-platform.

In fact I think Blackberry is great in software devloppment but they have been overpassed by apple in devices'. Maybe a solution'd be an IBM like choice.

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I must admit than I try once the Iphone keyboard and it didn't convaince me, but I saw in the WWDC than it'll have a new one more comparable with the BB10 keyboard, may be OKAY for me but I don't know. Maybe Blackberry itself will dev a new keyboard for iPhone, we must admit their keyboards are probably the best so if I had an iphone, I probably can buy another from blackberry. I know it'd be deal breacker for BB devices but they don't sale it enough so maybe they can do as with BBM and make it cross-platform.

You mean swiftkey's keyboard? You do realize that bb10' keyboard is swift keys's technology, not blackberry's, and it's already been announced for the iPhone.

"SwiftKey?s vanilla-label technology has been embedded into BlackBerry?s Z10 phone."

http://www.forbes.com/sites/parmyol...gins-quest-to-process-what-we-say-everywhere/

"RIM is using technology from SwiftKey in their new keyboard."

http://m.androidcentral.com/about-new-blackberry-10-keyboard

In fact I think Blackberry is great in software devloppment but they have been overpassed by apple in devices'. Maybe a solution'd be an IBM like choice.

Let's be honest, Blackberry is terrible at software development.

Coachbulldog

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
Oh please I didn't create this thread to make a competition between IOS and BB10. I'm just a consumer not a supporter the two OSs can coexist and we can accept than they have both advantage and disadvantage.

I apologize for being part of taking the topic of your original post off of your questions.

I would like add this to the discussion; in the past year, some of the professional people I've dealt with are a real estate agent, construction contractors, mortgage bankers, city building inspectors, and an underwriter. The majority of these individuals use iPhones and each of them are successful in their chosen field.

What ever phone you choose, I hope it works well for you.

ChrFerreira

Jun 8, 2014
Visit site
Sorry I didn't know that the BB10's keyboard was swiftkey.
Can someone give me some advise about futur IOS8's keyboards?
What's the name of the original IOS8 keyboard? What's the difference between it and swiftkey?
BB10's keyboard allow you to choose 3 languages, does an altenative will exist on IOS8?

You mean swiftkey's keyboard? You do realize that bb10' keyboard is swift keys's technology, not blackberry's, and it's already been announced for the iPhone.

"SwiftKey’s vanilla-label technology has been embedded into BlackBerry’s Z10 phone."

With Swype, Nuance Begins?Quest To Process What We Say -- Everywhere - Forbes

"RIM is using technology from SwiftKey in their new keyboard."

About that new BlackBerry 10 keyboard | Android Central

Let's be honest, Blackberry is terrible at software development.

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Sorry I didn't know that the BB10's keyboard was swiftkey.
Can someone give me some advise about futur IOS8's keyboards?
What's the name of the original IOS8 keyboard? What's the difference between it and swiftkey?
BB10's keyboard allow you to choose 3 languages, does an altenative will exist on IOS8?

There is no name for the original iOS keyboard. I guess you can call it the stock keyboard now. Like swift key it has predictive text, but it doesn't have swype. The "stock" keyboard has a couple of language options to choose from.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
FFR posted:

iPhones and iPads will get iOS8, three years back. So my iPad 3 which I bought right after I returned my Playbook will be supported.

By the way, for those who paid 600 bucks for their Playbook, when will they get BB10?

Oh. When discussing EOL.....when does my 9900 get BB10?

Want to discuss a company not supporting a product line and forcing them to pay premium prices for phones that don't hold their value, look closer to home.

Sent from my GORGEOUS, AWESOME Gold 64G iPhone 5s via Tapatalk

mlbrowninsc

Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
I used a Z10 and q10 before buying an iphone 5. I like the 5 better overall but I will say email is much better on the blackberry. I get by but not having access to the file system and the ridiculous way you have to go about attachments is crazy. Outside of that iphone wins in my book I just hope that attachments in email is better with iOS 8

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

lui22

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site
iPhones and iPads will get iOS8, three years back. So my iPad 3 which I bought right after I returned my Playbook will be supported.

By the way, for those who paid 600 bucks for their Playbook, when will they get BB10?

Oh. When discussing EOL.....when does my 9900 get BB10?

Want to discuss a company not supporting a product line and forcing them to pay premium prices for phones that don't hold their value, look closer to home.

Sent from my GORGEOUS, AWESOME Gold 64G iPhone 5s via Tapatalk

Yeah sure the Playbook is EOL but it did receive updates three years down the line, even if they were just matinance. Asking a device with limited resources to run software that require more of it would be like asking a Toyota celica to run as fast as a Lexus LFA just not going to happen all you can do as run with what you have and upgrade what you can. Same thing with the 9900 three years down the line and it's still being sold and therefor has to be supported.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh