Thinking about buying a Nexus 5 from google

Almeuit

Trusted Member
Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I understand that the carriers in US have iPhone specific text plan so if you are going to hop between phones expect some problems there.

I have never heard of this and im in the US... Maybe small carriers do but not the four major ones..

I haven't heard of this either. Text plans are text plan and most are now unlimited.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using iMore Forums.

Kevin OQuinn

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
I understand that the carriers in US have iPhone specific text plan so if you are going to hop between phones expect some problems there.

They have iMessage, which is an Apple specific thing. If you switch from iOS to another platform you need to make sure to turn it off or disable it so that your phone number is removed from the servers. If you don't do that your texting will be messed up and you'll have to call Apple to have it removed from the server.

Almeuit

Trusted Member
Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
They have iMessage, which is an Apple specific thing. If you switch from iOS to another platform you need to make sure to turn it off or disable it so that your phone number is removed from the servers. If you don't do that your texting will be messed up and you'll have to call Apple to have it removed from the server.

This.

newsman787

Aug 13, 2012
Visit site
I found my Nexus 5 anything but slow and tedious in wireless charging. And with everything else. Obviously a different experience. Loved it! Love my iPhone 5s!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Almeuit

Trusted Member
Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Don't forget slow and tedious.

For some time isn't a factor. One of our members on AC just lays it on the wireless charger while at work.. So when he leaves his desk it's always charged.

Furt

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
So I swapped out my 5s for my Moto G just because I like getting some use out of my phones and I have to say, with a clean install of CyanogenMod on an Android phone, there really arent many things I can complain about. Sure, there's a lack of apps that I tend to use daily, but save for maybe a force close of an app running in the background one a day, I can't say any real bad things about this $180 phone over my 5s. I never take pictures, never play graphics driven games, and rarely get a chance to use iMessage or any other Apple-only features.

This has given me a renewed interest in the OnePlus One over the iPhone 6 just because I miss that CM customization. And having that preloaded on the phone itself saves me the hassle of bootloader unlocking, rooting, and ROMing.

rayz336

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
So I swapped out my 5s for my Moto G just because I like getting some use out of my phones and I have to say, with a clean install of CyanogenMod on an Android phone, there really arent many things I can complain about. Sure, there's a lack of apps that I tend to use daily, but save for maybe a force close of an app running in the background one a day, I can't say any real bad things about this $180 phone over my 5s. I never take pictures, never play graphics driven games, and rarely get a chance to use iMessage or any other Apple-only features.

This has given me a renewed interest in the OnePlus One over the iPhone 6 just because I miss that CM customization. And having that preloaded on the phone itself saves me the hassle of bootloader unlocking, rooting, and ROMing.

The Moto G is nice! I was surprised to see that Verizon sells it for $99 on prepaid

Furt

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
The Moto G is nice! I was surprised to see that Verizon sells it for $99 on prepaid

I've been seeing it go for as low as $60 on some prepaid plans around the world. Still can't believe how well it runs when I'm out and about. even the look of it hides its price. from far distance, you might not tell it apart from the Moto X. If the OnePlus One wasn't so cheap for its abilities, I would be looking at getting the next Moto G instead, but $349 for a 64GB phone is too good to pass up

rayz336

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
I've been seeing it go for as low as $60 on some prepaid plans around the world. Still can't believe how well it runs when I'm out and about. even the look of it hides its price. from far distance, you might not tell it apart from the Moto X. If the OnePlus One wasn't so cheap for its abilities, I would be looking at getting the next Moto G instead, but $349 for a 64GB phone is too good to pass up

Wow! I didn't realize it was that cheap! I can't blame you for going for the OnePlus One

Furt

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
This phone sure did get boring fast...... I guess I'm just destined to keep going back to the iPhone no matter what...

Sent from my XT1034 using iMore Forums mobile app