Thinking about buying a Nexus 5 from google

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Sounds good buddy. U gonna jock my style homey??? Don't hate brah just wanted some opinions and honesty.

Tapped out on my GOLD 5S

If you want honesty you'll just have to expect people to give their honest opinions. You could find a plethora of iPhone vs (Insert whatever Android device) talk to see varying opinions from user experiences and comparisons. The point more is that plenty of people (not just you, so don't think I'm singling you out) come on here and feel some sort of obligation to inform the rest of the community that they're switching platforms like they owe it to us to explain. In your case we've already seen you jump back and forth between a 5S and an Android device or at least contemplate it. Now, when you come on here to tell us that you're going to use another device, it's not going to just come off as you just asking for feedback. I'm a moderator here on an iPhone forum and I have quietly used other devices from other companies without uttering as so much as a word about it because quite frankly, I don't owe an explanation to anyone here. I've gone through 8 different 5S's since it was released last September. One was because I broke it and got a replacement. All the others had in betweens. Note 3, Galaxy s4, etc. It's okay to have a hunger to try something else. Everyone doesn't need to know that you're hungry though.

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
Ok thanks for ur input moderator. Sorry for posting something. Didn't know it was against the rules to voice my opinion. Thought we had the freedom of speech. Don't worry i won't post anything on here again Miss Moderator. Matter a fact I'm deleting iMore. Ur a joke criticizing me for voicing my opinion what hypocrite. SMFH!!!

Tapped out on my GOLD 5S

Just one thing to say to that...

Woosaaaa. Goos fraba!

?Sent from a larger than life device. Using Tapatalk?

lepra87

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site
I sold my Nexus 5 and buy a iPhone 5s. The only thing that I miss is dr size screen, the rest prefer the iPhone. And I try a lot of Androids...

Enviado desde mi iPhone 5s con Tapatalk

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I can't see myself getting a Nexus 5 if I'm getting far more battery life on the 5S and 5C. It just doesn't make alot of sense, given that I can do pretty much all I need to do on an iPhone.

lepra87

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site
in fact the nexus 5 is very good phone. The only thing I miss is the nexus of the screen size, the rest of the iphone does better, like the camera, the battery life is the same (can last as much 2hs plus nexus), the speaker of the nexus is very bad, the screen quality is not the best (pale colors)

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Trusted Member
Aug 19, 2013
Visit site
I'd read and watch videos of reviews on it first though. I've heard that the battery only lasts 3-4hrs it the screen is on for that long. Plus, there is a glitch that wakes up the phone when you open the YouTube app (even for a second) and drains the battery behind your back.

I thought about getting the Nexus as my next phone but I have the TMobile S4 which just got the KitKat update running Nova Launcher Pro and I have no reason to get it now. My screen is .05" bigger and I have more features.

The M8 is a pretty good phone though. Haven't read/watched many reviews on it yet cause I've been distracted (usually I am up to snuff on this stuff ahhh!) but I am about to starting tonight.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

I believe you are thinking of the camera drain, which has been fixed. I have no knowledge of the YouTube glitch you are describing, and my Nexus was purchased about a month after release.
When I was stock my battery would drain 70% in about 9 hours with an hour and a half screen time. Most of my battery drain could be due to my poor signal with Sprint.

Last edited:

newsman787

Aug 13, 2012
Visit site
I loved my Nexus 5 but I experienced problems with Wi-Fi that many believe is needing a software update. That led to my return to the iPhone. Love my 5s. Each phone has its pluses. Users should simply pursue what's right and works for them.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using iMore Forums mobile app

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
If you want honesty you'll just have to expect people to give their honest opinions. You could find a plethora of iPhone vs (Insert whatever Android device) talk to see varying opinions from user experiences and comparisons. The point more is that plenty of people (not just you, so don't think I'm singling you out) come on here and feel some sort of obligation to inform the rest of the community that they're switching platforms like they owe it to us to explain. In your case we've already seen you jump back and forth between a 5S and an Android device or at least contemplate it. Now, when you come on here to tell us that you're going to use another device, it's not going to just come off as you just asking for feedback. I'm a moderator here on an iPhone forum and I have quietly used other devices from other companies without uttering as so much as a word about it because quite frankly, I don't owe an explanation to anyone here. I've gone through 8 different 5S's since it was released last September. One was because I broke it and got a replacement. All the others had in betweens. Note 3, Galaxy s4, etc. It's okay to have a hunger to try something else. Everyone doesn't need to know that you're hungry though.

Didn't John create a thread for doing that?

GusHerb94

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
I'd say about 2.99 days. It will be returned on the 3rd day. :)

Hahah that's ultimately how long I used and had my Nexus 5 for! By the end of day two I had the iPhone back in use and day 3 the Nexus was shipped back.

I loved the Nexus but didn't like the battery life, or lack of Tri-Band support on Sprint (with no ETA of the update that enables it) loved the screen size and quality.

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Hahah that's ultimately how long I used and had my Nexus 5 for! By the end of day two I had the iPhone back in use and day 3 the Nexus was shipped back.

I loved the Nexus but didn't like the battery life, or lack of Tri-Band support on Sprint (with no ETA of the update that enables it) loved the screen size and quality.

To be frank, I would switch to TMobile if I were you ...

Caleb Pelton

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site
Interesting. I'm exactly opposite. Since I got the Nexus 5 I haven't used my iPhone. That is, with the exception of a week when my AT&T MicroCell was acting up.

Posted via the Android iMore App!

GusHerb94

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
To be frank, I would switch to TMobile if I were you ...

I would LOVE to switch to T-Mobile (believe me I've been thinking about it a lot lately) but the coverage doesn't cut it for me. Two things, in Chicago signal drops out as soon as you go inside, and I spend a lot of time in rural areas or on highways where there is either 2G or no service (even where roaming coverage is claimed to be). They don't even have LTE by my house which is in the suburbs not the middle of nowhere.

Haalcyon

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
I'm thinking about selling my 5s...

?Sent from space using Tapatalk.?

Calm down. Don't do anything you will most certainly regret. It's gonna be okay. Take deep breaths...breath in...hold...breath out...breath in...hold...breath out....

Now, tell us what you were doing when you had this bout of seemingly possible insanity. Take it slow...take your time...and tell us what happened...from the beginning. ...don't forget to breath....

Sent from 3 f IV 🔘

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
Calm down. Don't do anything you will most certainly regret. It's gonna be okay. Take deep breaths...breath in...hold...breath out...breath in...hold...breath out....

Now, tell us what you were doing when you had this bought of possible insanity. Take it slow...take your time...and tell us what happened...from the beginning. ...don't forget to breath....

Sent from 3 f IV 🔘

LOL. I just like my 5c more. I am starting to think if I sell the 5s now, with the ability of jailbreak, I can get a bit for it.

I'm not stressing, just am not enjoying the 5s as much as I wanted to.

Haalcyon

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
LOL. I just like my 5c more. I am starting to think if I sell the 5s now, with the ability of jailbreak, I can get a bit for it.

I'm not stressing, just am not enjoying the 5s as much as I wanted to.

Ahhh...i guess I can see that, but you're enjoying your 5c more based on the color? ...or is your 5s just not doing something that your 5c does?

Sent from 3 f IV 🔘

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
Ahhh...i guess I can see that, but you're enjoying your 5c more based on the color? ...or is your 5s just not doing something that your 5c does?

Sent from 3 f IV 🔘

I just don't do enough to see the difference in performance. So for me, it's the visual aspect of it. I've always thought that the 5/5s was kind of ugly (No offense to anyone). I guess I just really didn't overcome it.

I'm thinking on it... But I haven't ever sold an iPhone before. Need to make sure I clear it properly and be able to sell it with JB still on.

Haalcyon

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
Well, if you sold it on Swappa you could likely do fairly well. I think...think if you just reset it without taking it to 7.1 you can re-jailbreak it for sale. I've thought about selling of my 2 5s' but I can't think of what I' rather have so I'm still holding on to them both. I don't wanna get something android again and then regret not having both my iPhones.

Sent from 3 f IV 🔘

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro