Think Different

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
"Here's to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The troublemakers. The round pegs in the sqaure holes. The ones who see things differently. They're not fond of rules. And they have no respect for the status quo. You can quote them, disagree with them, glorify or vilify them. About the only thing you can't do is ignore them. Because they change things. They push the human race forward. And while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius. Because the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world are the ones who do."

most everyone knows these words, it was the "Think Different" campaign Apple used when Steve Jobs retuned. When I read that it made me think of something, alot of people who rail against Jailbreak say they do because they are using the iPhone as Steve intended it to be used. I find that funny because the words above sound more like Jailbreakers to me. The people willing to go against the rules, push against the authority and create things from doing that. We know that Apple has hired Jailbreak gurus and devs, implimenting things in iOS that were taken from the JB scene. So what do you think? Who are the crazy ones? has Apple changed from "Thinking Different"?

icebox93

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
has Apple changed from "Thinking Different"?

The real question is was apple ever about "breaking the rules" and the answer is sometimes. They always posed that way, but apple's always been proprietary and about closed systems. So yes, break the rules, but on our terms please. There's been no change.

redbeard

Mar 21, 2009
Visit site
"Here's to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The troublemakers. The round pegs in the sqaure holes. The ones who see things differently. They're not fond of rules. And they have no respect for the status quo. You can quote them, disagree with them, glorify or vilify them. About the only thing you can't do is ignore them. Because they change things. They push the human race forward. And while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius. Because the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world are the ones who do."

most everyone knows these words, it was the "Think Different" campaign Apple used when Steve Jobs retuned. When I read that it made me think of something, alot of people who rail against Jailbreak say they do because they are using the iPhone as Steve intended it to be used. I find that funny because the words above sound more like Jailbreakers to me. The people willing to go against the rules, push against the authority and create things from doing that. We know that Apple has hired Jailbreak gurus and devs, implimenting things in iOS that were taken from the JB scene. So what do you think? Who are the crazy ones? has Apple changed from "Thinking Different"?

Good stuff, there's a reason Apple has hired some of the jailbreak devs.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
The real question is was apple ever about "breaking the rules" and the answer is sometimes. They always posed that way, but apple's always been proprietary and about closed systems. So yes, break the rules, but on our terms please. There's been no change.

Exactly Steve was always pulling pranks, he loved the pirate flag hoisted and he never liked to play by the rules. Then he put screws in so that people couldn't open up the computers and mess with the internals. So yes it was like break the rules, change things but then it was like no we have to control the whole experience from end to end. It's funny even their 1984 commercial was about big brother and everyone looking the same and Apple breaking that ;) So you're still stuck is using the iPhone vanilla really what they want? They've taken from the JB scene, is it really their testing grounds without the hassles of supporting and being sued etc. hmmmmmm?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2