They arent buying em on Ebay

newtonjack

Oct 17, 2004
hometown.aol.com
Lot of them cant even get 499 or 599.

Early iPhone buyers strain to resell them online
Fri Jun 29, 2007 9:02pm ET

SAN FRANCISCO, June 29 (Reuters) - Many people who lined up to be the first buyers of Apple Inc.'s (AAPL.O: Quote, Profile , Research) iPhone made good on promises to try to flip the gadgets online at inflated prices, but a quick buck appeared out of reach for many.

Auction Web site eBay (EBAY.O: Quote, Profile , Research) had more than 400 listings for iPhones just two hours after the combination mobile phone, Web browser and music and video player went on sale on the U.S. East Coast.

But the vast majority of offers failed to attract even a single bid, and many of those that had were not yet above the list prices.

A handful of offers did draw enthusiastic bidding. One eBay auction had attracted 35 bids and a leading offer of $1,520. Another was up to $960 with 25 bids

http://yahoo.reuters.com/news/artic...6-30_01-01-56_N29271510&type=comktNews&rpc=44

Pearl_Diva

Mar 24, 2005
Visit site
Because you can still go down to Apple and get one or order online, and/ or ATT will order one for you if there's no Apple near you and they're sold out, why pay inflated prices? If people can just wait, they will get an iPhone at it's retail price! People realize that if they aren't impatient. Plus how many are in a hurry to jump into a 2 yr. contract?

newtonjack

Oct 17, 2004
hometown.aol.com
Perhaps several thousand people in line today were there so they could ebay it for a quick profit. I never thought this thing would sell as great as many seem to think. In fact I believe a lot of these iPhones will be returned once they realize it aint worth 600 dollars.

Pearl_Diva

Mar 24, 2005
Visit site
Look at Craig's List Chicago. They're trying the same thing! LOL!

Then you call Apple and they say they still have stock, LOL!!!! That's why people can't sell anything. How dumb do they think we are to not call around first?

oalvarez

Apr 25, 2004
Visit site
and it would figure that there would be some of the highest viewership on this board, this evening.

why not? everyone wants to know how their own prognastication paid off.

i don't think i recall seeing anyone saying they would be offered cheaper immediately away.

are they?

Pearl_Diva

Mar 24, 2005
Visit site
ATT used to allow 1 yr. but I think I read no more. When I was with Verizon, I got 1 yr. contracts also.

BTW, what happens if you become seriously ill where you no longer have control or you die during a cell phone contract? Is the family allowed to cancel for you? I know it's a weird question but anything can happen within 2 yrs.

Pearl_Diva

Mar 24, 2005
Visit site
Actually it's a serious question. Not silly at all in my case. I just talked to a lawyer about who will handle things if something happens.

oalvarez

Apr 25, 2004
Visit site
please forgive... consumer america thinks the same way...it's never been asked, never contemplated, never wondered

go get em Lady Phone!

Pearl_Diva

Mar 24, 2005
Visit site
I don't like thinking about stuff like that either, in fact I REALLY hate it. But unfortunately sooner or later it has to be dealt with. You have to have someone in place to handle all your accounts if something happens.

Back to happier topics!

So I wonder what people who thought they were going to make a killing are going to do with all those iPhones. Just return them? Or keep them?

rijc99

Mar 5, 2007
Visit site
If you are ill, you are still obligated to the contract and your family most likely may not be able to cancel for you unless they have a power of attorney or can demonstrate to ATT you give them permission to modify your contract. All early termination fees would most likely apply.

If you die, your contract most likely terminates and provided your family is able to present proof of death ATT should simply terminate the contract. No early termination fee. If they do charge a fee, go to your local national TV station affiliate and tell them about how ATT is trying to collect early termination fees from a relative that had died.

Disclaimer... I am licensed to practice in California, your state's laws may be different. Consult an attorney in your state. Nothing I have said in this post or any other post is to be construed as legal advice. No ATTY-Client relationship has been formed by my posting here. DO NOT RELY ON MY POST AS LEGAL ADVICE. (Sorry, has to be done.)

Pearl_Diva

Mar 24, 2005
Visit site
Back on topic. I hate all the scammers or whatever you call them on Craig's List. Some guy claims he has to sell the phones because he's a college student. He has both a 4GB and an 8GB. Unless he's a big gambler hoping someone will give him double what he paid or something, why'd he spend $1100 + tax on 2 phones if he needed money for school? His story is a little fishy. Or he's a really dumb college student.

Then some guy claims he needs to sell the phone because his GF had gotten him one for his birthday when he got home and it was a surprise. Now he COULD be legit, but he could just return the phone and get all his money back. He's waiting for the highest bidder most likely!

And they still don't seem to realize Apple has phones here in Chicago! I called the store, they are running out of the 4GB by Saturday they suspect, but have more 8GB. He said if I'd take an 8GB I'd have a better chance of getting an iPhone. So for the price or even less of what people on CL want, you could just go down and get an 8GB.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice