They arent buying em on Ebay

Gee-Man

Dec 15, 2005
Visit site

No one has ever claimed or predicteed that Apple would sell millions of iPhones in a single day. From the beginning, Apple has always claimed they would sell 10 million in a year and a half (end of 2008).

By any measure, selling over hundred thousand phones in a single night is a huge start. We'll see if it can sustain itself over the long haul.

Gee-Man

Dec 15, 2005
Visit site
Lot of them cant even get 499 or 599.

Early iPhone buyers strain to resell them online

It's unlikely that this is because early adopters don't want them, it's because there are no shortages yet. No point going to eBay if you can get one from your local store at regular price.

newtonjack

Oct 17, 2004
hometown.aol.com
It's unlikely that this is because early adopters don't want them, it's because there are no shortages yet. No point going to eBay if you can get one from your local store at regular price.

True, it wouldn't surprise me if when these 7 day auctions start to end you will be able to buy one for less than the retail price of 499-599. A lot of these sellers will take their loss and move on. No all but many 100's I believe.

west3man

May 16, 2006
Visit site

But not everyone can. There are shortages.

Locally, there are no iPhones available. There are no Apple stores here so you'd have to go online to get it from Apple. If it's true that you'd have to wait two weeks to get it, I could see the impatient consumer going for the quick BUY-IT-NOW on ebaY.

Just not me.

rsnadel

Feb 9, 2007
Visit site
ATT used to allow 1 yr. but I think I read no more. When I was with Verizon, I got 1 yr. contracts also.

BTW, what happens if you become seriously ill where you no longer have control or you die during a cell phone contract? Is the family allowed to cancel for you? I know it's a weird question but anything can happen within 2 yrs.

You can always cancel by paying the early termination fee.

nx80boy

Jan 18, 2007
Visit site
I didnt search it right the 1st time. Many prople are buying this to try to make a quick buck, i suspect there will be 25000 on ebay by tomorrow.

10046 items found for iphone in Cell Phones & PDAs Save this search
Get it new. Buy it now:1916 iphone items on eBay

http://search.ebay.com/search/searc...=compare&copagenum=1&coentrypage=search&fgtp=

actually i don't think you're doing your search quite right. if you'll notice from the link you gave, you are including in your search Cell Phone Accessories and Parts. If you search for "iphone" in just Cell Phones, there's about 7000.

newtonjack

Oct 17, 2004
hometown.aol.com
actually i don't think you're doing your search quite right. if you'll notice from the link you gave, you are including in your search Cell Phone Accessories and Parts. If you search for "iphone" in just Cell Phones, there's about 7000.

Click the Accessories and parts, you will see many iPhones there too. Regardless there are over 10000 of em on ebay and ebay express.

llarson

Feb 9, 2004
Visit site
newtonjack do you get money if the sales fall flat

Click the Accessories and parts, you will see many iPhones there too. Regardless there are over 10000 of em on ebay and ebay express.

You seem to have more then an outside interest in the sales numbers of the iPHONE.

Remember it is only a phone not the coming of the anti-christ.

The numbers will be very good for the sales and yes some people will return them as they will find they only really need a $50 flip phone.

My guess is the iPHONE will sell great to the masses who have iPODs and want to cary only one device.

Look for cheap cheap cheap iPODS on Ebay soon.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2