Thermal pouch for my iPhone 15 Pro Max

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Last Summer, when driving around, I noticed how warm/hot my iPhone got, specifically when plugged into CarPlay. I think that the way my iPhone was lying on the center console, it was directly exposed to the sun streaming in through the windshield. Once summer was over and cooler temperatures arrived, I didn't think about it. Then the other day, we had a couple of unseasonably warm days, and I remembered how warm my phone got last summer. So I did a lot of surfing on Amazon, and found this "thermal capsule". It's a pouch, that supposedly protects a phone from overheating. It also insulates phones during extreme cold. I haven't used it yet, but I thought I would share a couple of photos of it, and I will report back once I've tried it out. There were other similar items, but they cost around $40. I was unwilling to spend that much, so I decided to try this one. It cost $19.99. Hopefully, I haven't wasted my money!

Here are pictures of the actual pouch and the box it came in:

thermal sleeve.jpg

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Interesting! I'd almost worry, though, that the pouch would keep the heat generated by the phone itself from radiating away. I'll be interested to hear how that works out.
You make a valid point and I did think of that, and will definitely watch out for this!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dromen