There are currently more iPhone hacks than ever, says report

Golurk

May 20, 2019
Visit site
There are apparently so many iOS exploits right now that prices on the black market are going down.

Full story from the iMore Blog...

Surprisingly, the number of Android exploits are falling at the same time. Pretty ironic, since the general perception is that iOS is more secure (it still is for now).

Hopefully Apple will take this as a wake-up call that rivals are much closer than it likes to think in terms of security.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Unless I missed something, the article states that more exploits are being created for the iPhone, but it doesn’t state that everyone with an iPhone has been hacked or is at a great risk of being hacked.

Golurk

May 20, 2019
Visit site
Unless I missed something, the article states that more exploits are being created for the iPhone, but it doesn’t state that everyone with an iPhone has been hacked or is at a great risk of being hacked.

I didn’t say that (if that’s what you mean).

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I didn’t say that (if that’s what you mean).

No, you didn't say that but your "backdoor" Trolling is getting old. Yes I said it and as a Moderator for iMore and a Member of Mobile Nations for over 10 years I've seen/heard it all. I implore you to give your advice on our sister site in which you are familiar with..."Android Central" Thanks

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
Wait, iMore posted the article. Shouldn’t we be allowed to discuss it?
Let’s face it, more and more exploits are being uncovered for all platforms. As consumers of those platforms we should be both aware and make sure OS manufacturers are doing everything they can to protect us. While most of these do not affect everyone, it still is increasing as technology becomes more widespread. I feel fairly confident Apple and Google are both working in these because it protects their interests, or money. Still, I believe transparency is extremely important.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
iMore did indeed create the article and thus its members can discuss it here in the forums and on the blog site.

With that being said, while discussing the article or any other iMore article here in the forums, lurking will be monitored and called out when appropriate.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods