themes -

kam2958

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
Morning all, i'm very new to this iphone (blackberry forever) so if i ask a question, I don't mean to sound stupid.

Is there anyway to download new themes to the iphone without "jailbreaking"? Also is there a program similar to "berryweather" that lets you download weather conditions etc on your homescreen?

Thanks all for your patience,

Heavy Fluid

May 16, 2011
Visit site
No. Simply connect to iTunes and restore to remove the jailbreak if you need to have warranty work done on it. Jailbreak is so worth it.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Well everyone is right that you have to JB in order to add themes. You might want to vist the forum for jailbreaking and learn about what it is all about just before you make that decision.
I am personally NOT JBroken but don't have anything agianst it as long as YOU know what you are getting into. Also they are right that if you need warranty just USB back to iTunes and restore. You can always re JB. Good luck whatever you decide.

kam2958

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
Well everyone is right that you have to JB in order to add themes. You might want to vist the forum for jailbreaking and learn about what it is all about just before you make that decision.
I am personally NOT JBroken but don't have anything agianst it as long as YOU know what you are getting into. Also they are right that if you need warranty just USB back to iTunes and restore. You can always re JB. Good luck whatever you decide.

thanks so much, i think i'll just leave it alone, to scared.

appreciate everyones responses, kim

GingerSnapsBack

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
thanks so much, i think i'll just leave it alone, to scared.

appreciate everyones responses, kim

Unlike a BB, it's easy to reinstall an iOS if you nuke your iPhone. Plug it in and download. Takes less time to re install an iOS than it does for my Storm2 to reboot after a battery pull.

Jailbreaking isn't for everyone. Personally, I love my JB and won't go back to stock if I can help it. Others have tried it and it's not for them. :)

Heavy Fluid

May 16, 2011
Visit site
I can't use the phone in stock form. Once the untethered jailbreak was released, I knew that would be the only way to go. Have used both stock and jailbroken before, and without the jailbreak, it seems like a toy. With the jailbreak, and the tweaks and hacks....it's amazing.

projectman

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
It's great if not jb.... Plenty of reviews you can browse through....pimp my screen worth taking a look

Didn't see any reviews when viewed from my iPhone. It is only .99 so I got it. Not to sound insulting but it appears to be a fancy way of introducing pre-made photos into the user's wallpaper collection, which I can do easily on my own. If I missed something in the settings feel free to correct me. Based on what I saw...I would not recommend it to a former BB user. The word "theme" means quite a bit to them than new "wallpaper." "Pimpmyscreen" is simply a wallpaper collection. Just my thoughts.

wendybeee

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
Hey Kam....I remember you from CB :) Seriously like Heavy Fluid said JB is the way to go if you miss themes and weather, and JB takes literally minutes to do and if you need warranty work done to your iPhone you simply restore it in iTunes before you go into Apple or your carrier etc.
Trust me I was scared :confused: Now I realize there was no reason to be and I'm loving all the themes from the iPhone blogs and through Cydia and app that comes with Jailbreak that is like a whole new App Store with themes and fonts and weather widgets. Again JB is not for everyone and a lot of people are simply happy with stock. It's all a personal preference !
If you choose not to JB still visit some of the iPhone blogs because many of them post matching wallpapers for both homescreen and lockscreen which can make your iphone look semi- themed. Hope this helps :)

GingerSnapsBack

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
The one thing I do miss from my BB days was BerryWeather. I've found several widgets to use on the iPhone but I still miss BW. My only gripe about the widgets is having to SSH your phone to get to the location to change it to your city as well as changing the backgrounds. Once you know how to do it, it takes < a minute, but it's still a PITA to have to do compared to the ease of BW.

Relletti

Trusted Member
Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
The one thing I do miss from my BB days was BerryWeather. I've found several widgets to use on the iPhone but I still miss BW. My only gripe about the widgets is having to SSH your phone to get to the location to change it to your city as well as changing the backgrounds. Once you know how to do it, it takes < a minute, but it's still a PITA to have to do compared to the ease of BW.

I agree. I'm still figuring things out with the ssh thing for iphone widgets. It's a pain but once you get it, you feel great about it. I also miss berryweather.

kam2958

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
Hey Kam....I remember you from CB :) Seriously like Heavy Fluid said JB is the way to go if you miss themes and weather, and JB takes literally minutes to do and if you need warranty work done to your iPhone you simply restore it in iTunes before you go into Apple or your carrier etc.
Trust me I was scared :confused: Now I realize there was no reason to be and I'm loving all the themes from the iPhone blogs and through Cydia and app that comes with Jailbreak that is like a whole new App Store with themes and fonts and weather widgets. Again JB is not for everyone and a lot of people are simply happy with stock. It's all a personal preference !
If you choose not to JB still visit some of the iPhone blogs because many of them post matching wallpapers for both homescreen and lockscreen which can make your iphone look semi- themed. Hope this helps :)

Wendybee, i've tried to subscribe to your blog, i've always looked at it and loved it (you, and keep calm) so you know what i'm talking about. iphone is a whole different thing from bb. i thought themes could just be downloaded like bb and go from there. so i would just go to that cydia program and that would basically do all the work? I don't want to steal programs or anything like that, i just wanted my themes and icon, oh and lovely lovely berryweather.

so glad you found me - thank you

never mind am subscrbed now!

Last edited:

Heavy Fluid

May 16, 2011
Visit site
I miss BerryWeather and BerryBuzz. Two of my favorite apps. The icons that people used to make for BerryWeather were amazing. I liked how customizable BerryWeather was as well. I wish that there was an option to use it on the iPhone. That is one app I would definitely pay for.

wendybeee

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site

I miss BerryWeather and BerryBuzz. Two of my favorite apps. The icons that people used to make for BerryWeather were amazing. I liked how customizable BerryWeather was as well. I wish that there was an option to use it on the iPhone. That is one app I would definitely pay for.

Well not for anything but I know one of the guys on Bellshare team and I did ask him about BerryWeather for iPhone and he said that once they were finished with BerryWeather for the Z10 that they were going to start on the iPhone App. One big problem was that I believe apps can't be animated on the homescreen...I could be wrong...but in Jailbreak they can. Again this might never happen it's just what he said at the time I asked him in early February. People say a lot of things that never happen :rolleyes:

Relletti

Trusted Member
Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
Well not for anything but I know one of the guys on Bellshare team and I did ask him about BerryWeather for iPhone and he said that once they were finished with BerryWeather for the Z10 that they were going to start on the iPhone App. One big problem was that I believe apps can't be animated on the homescreen...I could be wrong...but in Jailbreak they can. Again this might never happen it's just what he said at the time I asked him in early February. People say a lot of things that never happen :rolleyes:

That would be cool though if it happened.

Tapatalking

wendybeee

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
Wendybee, i've tried to subscribe to your blog, i've always looked at it and loved it (you, and keep calm) so you know what i'm talking about. iphone is a whole different thing from bb. i thought themes could just be downloaded like bb and go from there. so i would just go to that cydia program and that would basically do all the work? I don't want to steal programs or anything like that, i just wanted my themes and icon, oh and lovely lovely berryweather.

so glad you found me - thank you

never mind am subscrbed now!

Good I'm happy you are subscribed now !!!
On your stock iphone you can not get or buy themes from the App Store. The theme on your phone is what you have and that's it. You can not get Cydia if you are not Jailbroken.
If you Jailbreak you then along with that you have a new icon called Cydia which is just like the App Store only Cydia has themes that are free or that you can buy. There are also many iPhone blogs and websites that sell or have free themes for the Jailbroken iPhone.
There is not an app like BerryWeather so you can forget that, but the Jailbroken iPhone can use an app called Weather Icon or you can use the PerPageHtml Weather Widgets and many of the Berry Weather Icon Sets have been converted to work with Weather Icon or the the Widgets.
Have a look at some of my screenshots on the 'Show us your iPhone5 Homescreen' thread you will see some screenshots using the Weather Icon and some using the Widgets. That's the best you are going to get, but it's good and I like it. I was just happy to have weather back on my screen lol !
But again it's totally up to you to Jailbreak or not.
If you need more info you can PM me anytime :)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73