Theme: ClearHighNotifications

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
For those of you using fullscreen lockscreen themes: a way to make your notifications look a little better. The attached theme will give you transparent popup sliders and will move the secondary notification bars to the top of your screen; if you also want to make those secondary notifications clear you'll need to download NoLockNotificationsBG from Cydia. Tested on iPhone 5.

e3eXuxY.jpg

(If you don't want this first popup to be clear--it might not look great depending on your wallpaper--just delete the springboard folder from the theme's Bundles folder and the WellLock image from the Telephony folder. That will leave you with only the change in height for the secondary notifications.)

(Edit: Due to some interest on reddit I worked up a simple BiteSMS transparent popup to go with this theme. I don't think it actually looks all that good except on very plain backgrounds--anything busy--like a homescreen--and it gets hard to read.)

Do9Z1vA.png

There are probably a few ways to do this, but here is what I did: buy the biteLiquid theme and replace the qc texture image in the theme folder with the one linked here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/0uq69vmmbg1e4ri/qc-texture@2x.zip
I also changed the qr background color value in the info.plist to be #ffffff01 but I'm not sure if that was necessary. I left the text entry field opaque for the sake of readability, but you could probably make that transparent as well. Anyway, make the changes and reapply the theme and there you go.
Enjoy!

Attachments

• ClearHighNotifications.zip
    19.7 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:

fb2

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
You don't have to try this.
NoLockNotificationsBG looks awful with LI5 beta.
And you don't get popups in LI, so you wouldn't see it :p

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, this isn't meant for use with Lockinfo or other notification replacements, just the native one.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
thanks guys, you probably saved me a couple of hours of tweaking, restoring and re-jailbreaking!

Recipe7

May 17, 2012
Visit site
Is there a short tutorial on how to apply this theme? It's been a while since I've used WINSCP to use my typophone lockscreen

edit: It that a whole different theme all together? I am regarding to the whole time and date layout.

ClapToBase

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
Massie - How did you get the notifications to go 'high' and not stop below where the stock clock usually resides? Is this something I can take from that theme or is it just a positioning that I can change? Thanks!

I looked in the theme files and think maybe the BarLCD file is the answer but not too sure.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Is there a short tutorial on how to apply this theme? It's been a while since I've used WINSCP to use my typophone lockscreen

edit: It that a whole different theme all together? I am regarding to the whole time and date layout.

The lockscreen is called Blink and is not included in the download. It can easily be found online; you'll need to install it manually into the Library/Themes folder once you get it.

Massie - How did you get the notifications to go 'high' and not stop below where the stock clock usually resides? Is this something I can take from that theme or is it just a positioning that I can change? Thanks!

I looked in the theme files and think maybe the BarLCD file is the answer but not too sure.

Yes, the BarLCD image is what makes it so the notifications can be higher. It just replaces the clock area with a 1px high image. (You'll want Lockscreen Clock Hide as well.)

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Due to some interest on reddit I worked up a simple BiteSMS transparent popup to go with this theme:

Do9Z1vA.png

There are probably a few ways to do this, but here is what I did: buy the biteLiquid theme and replace the qc texture image in the theme folder with the one linked here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/0uq69vmmbg1e4ri/qc-texture@2x.zip
I also changed the qr background color value in the info.plist to be #ffffff01 but I'm not sure if that was necessary. I left the text entry field opaque for the sake of readability, but you could probably make that transparent as well. Anyway, make the changes and reapply the theme and there you go.

Recipe7

May 17, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the clarification Massie.

A few more questions: Where do I add the 'Bundles' folder in your rar file?

Also, I would like to use my Zeilk Matte theme for bitesms since I prefer that theme. Where is the file to edit the lockscreen reply box located? I presume it's the same procedure as biteliquid?

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the clarification Massie.

A few more questions: Where do I add the 'Bundles' folder in your rar file?

Also, I would like to use my Zeilk Matte theme for bitesms since I prefer that theme. Where is the file to edit the lockscreen reply box located? I presume it's the same procedure as biteliquid?

You mean the .zip for the whole theme? You just unzip it and place the entire ClearHighNotifications folder into Library/Themes. You don't need to take the Bundles folder out of it. The Bite image is located in the bite themes directory listed here, but it might not work with a non-transparent theme.

image.jpg

rosenstar

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
what theme/tweak did you use to get a transparent status bar? Is the status bar always transparent, or just on the lockscreen?

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
what theme/tweak did you use to get a transparent status bar? Is the status bar always transparent, or just on the lockscreen?

It's just built into my lock screen theme. The image is named Translucent_Base@2x.png for retina devices—just make a transparent copy of yours and pop it into the UIImages folder of your lock screen theme. It will be transparent wherever iOS uses that status bar (most noticeable in Photos.app) but will not alter the black bar used elsewhere.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Download the theme and enable it in Winterboard. Are you familiar with how to install themes without using Cydia?

justkevinblog

Mar 7, 2013
Visit site
Sorry to be off-topic, but what lockscreen theme is that? And kudos on the clear notifications too!

Edit - proves that I should read all replies first. Found it thanks!

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal