The Ultra

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
I wish Apple would make this watch a little smaller so that a petite woman can wear it. I have a friend who has the watch and he is a guy so it looks really good on his wrist. But for me, it would look ridiculous and uncomfortable. I have seen in the store and held up to my wrist and it was definitely a no go for me. The battery life is amazing for him and he really loves the watch. But it was made for someone who has a larger wrist .
I would buy this in a heartbeat if there was a smaller version. I know because of its size the battery is remarkably lasts. But Apple could most likely make one slightly smaller and have it still have a long battery life to it. Not everyone can wear this size watch.

Just my opinion

tcuprof

Trusted Member
Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
You are absolutely right. The Ultra is fantastic but it is definitely quite large. Surely there is a viable market among women for a smaller version.

Reactions: cinnamin

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
Yes, I hope that Apple adds a smaller version. Even a 45mm version would be better for smaller people, still with the added battery life (even if the difference is not as dramatic as the 49mm is) and ruggedness.

Up_And_Away

Aug 27, 2021
Visit site
Seems like a semi smaller version would have a customer base. There’s obviously :) a huge section of the world that has more petite bone structures.

It may be that doing everything smaller would require too much engineering, redesign, factory tooling etc?

o4liberty

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
The ultra to me seems a little much for the normal person. I see no need for me to use it I am still using my watch 5.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
The ultra to me seems a little much for the normal person. I see no need for me to use it I am still using my watch 5.

Same here. Still rocking my stainless steel Watch Series 5. With that being said, I am considering upgrading this year if this year’s Watch appeals to me. I’m not interested in the Ultra.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site

Except for the battery life. Oh, my, is that nice. I used to always keep the battery complication on my watch. I don't need to anymore. (Still have my SS S5 as a backup, but I definitely needed to charge during the day at some point to make it through with 87% battery health.)

got berry

May 28, 2012
Visit site
Just upgraded from my S4 to the Ultra. I wasn't planning on upgrading but when my wife decided she wanted to upgrade her S5 and ATT has a promotion to get $330 off when you buy 2 I decided to go Ultra. Immediately upon putting it on I love the size. I am excited to just see how much faster the watch is and very excited for the battery life as well as the cellular feature. I mountain bike but otherwise won't be using the "Ultra" features in regard to Fitness. Love the different look of the watch.

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
Just upgraded from my S4 to the Ultra. I wasn't planning on upgrading but when my wife decided she wanted to upgrade her S5 and ATT has a promotion to get $330 off when you buy 2 I decided to go Ultra. Immediately upon putting it on I love the size. I am excited to just see how much faster the watch is and very excited for the battery life as well as the cellular feature. I mountain bike but otherwise won't be using the "Ultra" features in regard to Fitness. Love the different look of the watch.

I took advantage if this deal from AT&T too. The Ultra is perfect for me. I got my first one last October and love it (and its size to death). I have multiple iPhones and really got tired of switching my Ultra between them. However, there is still room in my heart for the 45mm AW but when I use my 45mm 7’s I always wished for my Ultra. I have a 41mm SE that I got on Amazon Renewed and even on my petite (for a guy) wrist it seems very small and the battery life is…just wow (not in a good way).

I jokingly call the AW Ultra the iPhone Nano because that’s not too far off.

Are you looking for…say…a 45mm AW Ultra…or maybe a 43mm? I would not be surprised if we see something like this in the Fall.

davidnc

Apr 5, 2014
Visit site
I have been thinking about getting the Ultra this year ( summer ) . That's my biggest concern is the size. I still have my series 5 (44mm ) but the battery stats is getting pretty low , the stem sticks. So cant really use the water lock too much a pain to get to unlock .

But its been a trouble free watch until about 6 months again because of the stem sticking.

Since they change the way you have to turn the water lock off by holding the stem in . If I do turn it on have to gently tap side of watch and push stem till it shows on watch face the count down when unlocked again.

Guess will just have to go and compare what it looks like on my wrist is the best thing. I'm still pretty active but pretty sure the battery will last me a day or maybe 1.5 day. I know not 2 days

Reactions: Annie_M

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I’m not at all interested in the Ultra. I’m still using my 44mm Apple Watch Series 5, it’s running great.

Same here. It’s been performing so well to the point where I’ve not yet decided to upgrade. Don’t get me wrong. I’ve considered upgrading on several occasions, but I can’t find an excuse to do so yet.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
The Ultra fascinates me… yet I just can’t see myself needing or using all of the features. Plus, the size worries me. I’d definitely try it on before purchasing one.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I'm using the 44mm SE, and am satisfied with it. I've looked at the Ultra features, but there's just not anything there that says WOW to me. The only feature I would want is the extra 1 mm in size. But it's not a big deal.

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Same here. It’s been performing so well to the point where I’ve not yet decided to upgrade. Don’t get me wrong. I’ve considered upgrading on several occasions, but I can’t find an excuse to do so yet.

I looked at the Apple Watch Series 8 last year when it came out. But like you I couldn’t find a reason to upgrade. Maybe some day.

Reactions: Just_Me_D

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
I'm using the 44mm SE, and am satisfied with it. I've looked at the Ultra features, but there's just not anything there that says WOW to me. The only feature I would want is the extra 1 mm in size. But it's not a big deal.
It's 5mm larger (49mm, not 45mm.)

To me the key feature is easily the battery life. I can go up to three days without charging, and that's with over an hour of workout tracking per day and sleep tracking. I could barely make a full 24 hours doing that with any earlier Apple Watch.

Reactions: Ledsteplin