The sound on my iPhone 5S no longer works unless I'm using earphones.

jtb79

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
I have a barely over a month old iPhone 5s and this afternoon the sound has quit working unless the headphones are plugged in. The weird thing is I can go to ring tones and select one and the sample will play but not alert tones and the phone rings when charging. Everything is normal when headphones are in. I tied a reset and that didn't work. Any ideas or suggestions??

Last edited:

jtb79

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
It is. I'm looking for any solution trying to avoid a replacement device.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

i7guy

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
In sounds in settings, check ringers and alerts...look at the slider and check the position.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I have a barely over a month old iPhone 5s and this afternoon the sound has quit working unless the headphones are plugged in. The weird thing is I can go to ring tones and select one and the sample will play but not alert tones and the phone rings when charging. Everything is normal when headphones are in. I tied a reset and that didn't work. Any ideas or suggestions??

Barely a month old? Dude, if everything checks out as indicated by the other members, you need to take that device to the nearest Apple Store and get another one. Anyway, try inserting and removing the earphone jack a few times.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Sounds like there is dust inside the earphone jack. If D's suggestion doesn't work, try to clean it out with compressed air. If it doesn't work, take it back.

Almeuit

Trusted Member
Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Barely a month old? Dude, if everything checks out as indicated by the other members, you need to take that device to the nearest Apple Store and get another one. Anyway, try inserting and removing the earphone jack a few times.

What he said :p.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using iMore Forums.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh