The Sleekest Iphone 5 Case Ever! (Video Link)

OutQube

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
i got it for like 15 bucks.

as for the people who don't think its durable, if you watch the video I think they do a few drop tests and it checks out!

IAmAuthority

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Wait, so they ship you one for $15? Or did you have to invest that in the company, and when they launch 'em you'll get one? It looks durable for drops on flat surfaces. But think about dropping your phone on pointy/sharp rocks! No protection for the back glass/aluminum/whatever-it-is on the iPhone 5. If something hits the screen you're screwed either way - case or no case.

v1nn1e

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
I just ordered something extremely similar to that from Amazon. It was a few bucks cheaper, now I'm worried about it being a knock-off :/

I'm sure what you got is good. I'd actually prefer a version that didn't have a logo or whatever on the back.. so that's a plus if that's what you got. iMore has a really good return policy.. so you decide you don't like something, they don't charge any stupid fees to return it other than you paying the shipping.

agentmobile

Jun 25, 2012
Visit site
I could NOT stand the second guy talking at the end. What a creepy, weird guy. Case was ok, there's a million bumpers out there this thing ain't exactly breakthrough. Cool design tho

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
The idea is really good as a person with severe OCD I've wanted a case forever that protected the phone like an Otterbox Defender but was pretty much invisible so that you could appreciate the beauty of the design. This however is not the design that fits that idea it's thin and unless it's soft like silicone it doesn't have enough structure to be full protection. Which is why I think when they said that it will protect every part of the phone that is a mistake. It is perfect for people who drop their phone once in awhile from a short distance onto a table or on carpet. However how does it protect the back from finger prints, scratches. My wife has dropped her phone so many times she broke parts of her Defender case. There is no way this case would have protected her phone in that case. What if you knock a drink over onto the phone? If they were to keep the bumper elements which are cool and make it out of silicone then have a harder plastic shell that is fully transparent that the phone goes inside bingo I'd buy that. It wouldn't be fully protected like a Defender or Lifeproof case but the silicone bumper would absort some of the shock, the transparent case would show off the phone and keep fingerprints away from the phone while also adding a little more rigidity and protection.

I'm excited to see the new Lifeproof case but it's still going to cover the back :-(

Last edited:

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
i got it for like 15 bucks.

as for the people who don't think its durable, if you watch the video I think they do a few drop tests and it checks out!

I've seen videos of products that claim to "waterproof" your phone through some chemical coating...and it doesn't work at all. Marketing videos from the company are hardly the "guarantee" i would ever put faith in, since it is in fact the job of the video to sell the case, i doubt they would give you any details as far as durability. Where my questioning comes in though is the fact that this is basically just the same as the bumpers that have been available for years, but with the middle section removed...in that, those structural pieces, when presented with a significant impact don't seem very stable to me (especially looking at what happens to the full bumpers at times when impacted). Kind of like taking a car's body panels off and ramming the frame into a wall...just curious how much better/worse it would hold up (since it's plastic and all).

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro