The perfect Lightning Cord?

McGyver98N

Feb 10, 2019
Visit site
On some of my old ones, I've reinforced them with white electrical tape around the top and bottom (two wraps) as extra support. Helps too.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I’m not sure what people do to their cables but I’m still using cables from my iPad mini 2, iPhone 6 & 6 Plus. All the new ones that I’ve gotten with upgrades are still in the boxes. I’ve never had an issue with them not working or fraying.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
The ones we use in our car seem to wear and fray much faster than the ones we use at home or offices. Perhaps that has something to do with dramatic temperatures (sub zero during the winter, mid 90’s during summer months).

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I’m not sure what people do to their cables but I’m still using cables from my iPad mini 2, iPhone 6 & 6 Plus. All the new ones that I’ve gotten with upgrades are still in the boxes. I’ve never had an issue with them not working or fraying.

I don't do anything to mine, other than charging my phone while using it. A lot. They simply wear out where they plug in. They fray and short out where a wire breaks. They'd last a lot longer if I just plug in and set it down to charge. The Anker Powerline+ ll is holding up much better than the Apple cables.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
I’ve still never had an Apple cable fail on me. It took me 4 years before one finally started getting a tear in the rubber jacket. But other than that, the cable itself was still good. I have a number of Apple cables still in boxes because I don’t need them.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Honestly I have zero problems with my Apple cables. The ones on my nightstand have been there for years, but I have had to change the block on my iPhone charger. On my Apple Watch and AirPods docks, I'm still using original cables and blocks. My car Apple cable has been plugged in since I purchased my car with no problems. Not sure what you guys are doing, but I don't use my devices while charging. It's not that serious ...LOL. I have Apple boxes that still have the cables and blocks in their plastic packaging.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Honestly I have zero problems with my Apple cables. The ones on my nightstand have been there for years, but I have had to change the block on my iPhone charger. On my Apple Watch and AirPods docks, I'm still using original cables and blocks. My car Apple cable has been plugged in since I purchased my car with no problems. Not sure what you guys are doing, but I don't use my devices while charging. It's not that serious ...LOL. I have Apple boxes that still have the cables and blocks in their plastic packaging.

I use my phone while charging a lot. That's what causes them to wear out.

Last edited by a moderator:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR