The Original Infogear Iphone!!!

jpmorgan5150

Oct 29, 2008
Visit site
This is really incredible. I'm an RSS subscriber, and I saw this in the PC Mag tech disasters article that came out today. I joined simply to post this.

After googling for more, I found this archived review of the original InfoGear iPhone!

[DAMN THIS 10 POST MINIMUM TO POST LINKS!] Google it yourself - its the first link in google.

This was a wired phone (that looks similar to the newest Cisco VOIP phones) with a black and white touchscreen. It had a built in modem and checked email and browsed the web. It hyperlinked phone numbers and clicking would call (sound familiar?).

What is amazing? Here is the reviewer's requested new features:

• Cut and paste! PAHLEASE!
  • Add a spell-checker to the email program
  • Make it easier to switch between email accounts
  • A regular URL location box, like other browsers
  • The ability to email Web pages
  • Have the iPhone automatically re-establish the Net connection after you hang up the phone.
  • Make the built-in keyboard wider (there's room for this) and re-design the keys to be...ya know...usable!
  • Allow use of a standard PC keyboard
  • Allow use of common PC printers
  • Offer a port for plugging in some sort of storage drive for offloading email, Web content, etc.
  • While we're really trying to turn this into a killer app(liance), why not build in a small software developer's kit (SDK) so that others can develop little applications for the iPhone (e.g. an app that would convert a mail message full of tab-delimited names, numbers and email addresses into the address book files on the iPhone).

More space? Cut and paste? Keyboard?

This guy was WAY ahead of his time!

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods