The "official" I have my iPhone 4S thread

chiratsu

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
423612314.jpg

pb&J

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
I got my iPhone, yay! First thing I noticed is this iSkin case I bought for it doesn't fit right over the buttons. . . don't by iPhone 4 cases folks, wait for the 4S ones to come out!

Still updating my iTunes, this activation process is going to take a while.

TheMinibishop

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
This was the first time I've done anything on day one for Apple. I pre-ordered on day one and it didn't take long for them to take my money. I started downloading iOS 5 for my iPad 2 and iPhone 4 exactly at 1 PM EST...my phone was bricked until about midnight. Got my iPhone 4S, three hours ago and it's still not activated....

I'll never do this again. I'll wait at least a week before I do any major updates from now on. Ridiculous! Apple and AT&T should have been READY!:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Trexwarrior

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
1st one in my town to get one

I was anticipating going to Rochester to the big city to get one. Turns out my local AT&T resell store just so happened to start selling the iphone 4S and didn't really advertise it to anyone. My friend FB'ed me told me they were getting three in. I was the first one there and got first picks. Got a white AT&T 16GB the only other choice was black 16GB. They were anticipating 3 but only got 2 and a demo. Needless to say I am stoked. Just waiting on my backup to finish restoring my phone from iCloud.... :)

bnob99

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
I got my iPhone, yay! First thing I noticed is this iSkin case I bought for it doesn't fit right over the buttons. . . don't by iPhone 4 cases folks, wait for the 4S ones to come out!

Still updating my iTunes, this activation process is going to take a while.

Which iSkin case did you order? I ordered the Claro and according to their website it should work. Guess I'll find out later today when it is delivered.

LABthree

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Delivered at 1:27 PM!

Activation with Verizon was ridiculously easy. All I did was read the little activation and setup guide and went through the on screen set up and it was done.

Now I'm just learning/playing with all the new features, as this is my first iPhone! I'm so excited! =)

Appleshampoo

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
UPS finally stopped by and dropped my white 64gb off along with a case i ordered from amazon. Usually UPS takes forever, maybe around 5pm to get here but this time it was 1:50pm EST. I'm happy though now im:mad: sitting through ATT activation errors...

BuddhistGirafe

Jul 7, 2009
Visit site
Got three today :) 2 unlocked from the Apple Store, and my 64GB white from Telus. I ended up cancelling with Rogers, they messed up hard today.

LocoStrange

Mar 29, 2009
Visit site
Woke up at 12pm, went to an ATT store at 1230. Walked out with my iphone 4s at 1:10. No preorders, waiting list, or anything. Kinda funny since people were still walking in asking since they have been waiting outside other ATT stores or apple store

gunnarliden

Apr 15, 2009
Visit site
for those of you waiting on activation, does your old iPhone work on att until the new one kicks in? Im waiting on mine, but have to leave on a 7 hour car ride as soon as it arrives. Can I just keep trying to activate while i drive and switch phones when it happens?

4DFool

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
for those of you waiting on activation, does your old iPhone work on att until the new one kicks in? Im waiting on mine, but have to leave on a 7 hour car ride as soon as it arrives. Can I just keep trying to activate while i drive and switch phones when it happens?

I'm actually wondering how the DEactivation applies during the activation of the new iPhone.

My old iPhone is turned off. It is EDGE and the wifi quit working, so I turned it off to "help" the situation.

(I'm also standing on my head to "help")

TheMinibishop

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site

Mine works. I'm assuming that when the activation finally happens (I've decided to take a nap and maybe I'll get that email), my iPhone 4 will stop working.

pb&J

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Which iSkin case did you order? I ordered the Claro and according to their website it should work. Guess I'll find out later today when it is delivered.

I ordered iSkin solo from this website. I'm considering returning it, but I have nothing else to cover the phone right now.

Crystalftw

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
Got mine! Had to settle for the 16g bc NO sprint stores in SD were going to receive anything higher and I didn't feel like going on a mission. I can exchange within 14 days if its not enough.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77