The next evolution of iMore

mpnine

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
The new layout and format looks great! Content has always been top notch, especially the guides and reviews. Looking forward to see how this evolves, and loving the yellow!

samosIM

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
1. I would like to the Ultimate Guides formatted differently:
Give the reader the option to convert the links to articles so that the entire referenced articles appear within the 'ultimate guide.' When I think of the term 'Ultimate Guide' I think of the guide as including all items within the guide itself, not just an article mostly composed of links to other articles.

2. I would like to have all articles formatted for printing. Every article that I wish to save as a reference, I print as a pdf and save (in PDF Expert 5 or iBooks, depending upon the article content.)

3. I will post more thoughts later, but so far like very much what I have seen thus far.
3a. I have read that there are some who dislike the yellow as a primary color for the new site. For me, it was a bit jarring at first, but it has grown on me. I say keep it, maybe softening the yellow, just a bit. (When I think of the yellow you have chosen, I think of a bright sunny day, one inviting exploration!)
3b. I agree with those who feel you should work on your logo, at minimum choose a more flowing italicized font. Serenity, you are an artist, among your many other talents. Use Linea or Procreate to develop a unique logo. As another example, I used an independent, creative designer to develop one for my consulting firm (originally, Economic & Engineering Consultants). The designer developed a flowing E, based on a river, flowing through our city:
2c0a876dd6548d91b66938d7b9a1e357.jpg

I am certainly not trying to peddle this logo, as it is registered to my company. However, I liked the thought process the designer used. Certainly there is something comparable a creative mind could conceive for iMore.

4. Keep up the great work and the continuous process of meeting the challenges of adapting to change.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner