The new update causes my iPhone X to take screenshots on its own

Tech_nerdadvice

Jun 28, 2018
Visit site
Not a fan of the iPhone X. Bought it 2 months ago and often I find the screen is lighting up without any notifications showing?
Also, I know the phone takes screenshots easily as the buttons are close together, although I've just tapped the screen to check the time and it has taken a screenshot... ?
I've also seen my phone freezing a lot, and have restarted the phone. On two occasions, when the phone turns back on it has taken a screenshot by itself of the home screen. Is anyone else experiencing these issues?

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Re: The new update causes my iPhone X to take screenshots on it's own??

I would contact Apple Support, it doesn't sound normal to me. NOW every so often a phone, iOS or even Android will take phantom actions, usually its from accidental touches in our pocket, or when trying to access a different app. (I call it fat fingers) BUT in your case it does sound like something may be wrong.

https://support.apple.com/

jgraves1107

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
Ever since the last update I get phantom touches like I'm touching the screen. Not sure if it's the update or an app. Haven't installed any new apps. Wish they had diagnostics to test without have to drive 2hrs to have apple test it.

jgraves1107

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
Well looks like the age old hack may be a thing. Something I did not notice until I was on the phone with apple is that this phantom touch was only happening at home. Now I am looking into swapping my cable modem and setting up a log file to see if this is the case. Remote access via WiFi on apple devices. 11.4.1 may have actually allowed us to see someone remotely controlling our device. I did notice a complete search query typed and executed 2 days ago. But in case that is not the issue I have been advised by apple corp. to delete all browser information and text msgs in case the hack may be hiding in one of those places. I couldn’t lean on a hardware issue because it was too precise to be random and the search query being typed before my own eyes was a dead giveaway. So if you are having phantom touch and screen shots try clearing the browser and deleting text msgs. Also get your i.p. address changed to be on the safe side. Looks like there may be a back door to the new software.

Well disregard that! Just happened again at work. Pressing down on the bottom left portion of the screen made it quit. Time to make a trip to the apple store.

Last edited:

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
The X has raise to wake so if you move it in a certain direction the screen will light up. You can turn it off in Settings>Display>Raise to wake. If you turn it off it shouldn't light up the screen from movement. For me personally, I don't like the method of taking screenshots on the X because I find it awkward to press both sides at the same time. Not too sure about the phantom touches, that's a new one to me.

Vega007

Jan 24, 2018
Visit site
I wish Apple let us use a gesture to take a screenshot, such as a three finger swipe like One Plus phones do it. I loved that.

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
I wish Apple let us use a gesture to take a screenshot, such as a three finger swipe like One Plus phones do it. I loved that.
Samsung does something similar with a palm swipe. My HTC U12+ you can do either a 3 finger swipe or add a screenshot shortcut in the navigation bar. The navigation bar swipes like a home screen and you can put up to 8 shortcuts there. It's pretty handy.

Vega007

Jan 24, 2018
Visit site
Samsung does something similar with a palm swipe. My HTC U12+ you can do either a 3 finger swipe or add a screenshot shortcut in the navigation bar. The navigation bar swipes like a home screen and you can put up to 8 shortcuts there. It's pretty handy.

Aw yeah, palm swipe was great!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh