The new MacBook truely is a hot design...

Sekelani Zwambila

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
What's good people.....
So I took time to go into the  store to try on the  watch out of curiosity and visit one of my homies that work there. Has I was waiting on him, I thought why not check out the new MacBook....

My first impression were wow.... The design and colours look great combined with the feel. I liked how it's all aluminium and how crisp the display is compared to the previous MacBook airs. The track pad and keyboard feel very solid and premium.
I tested out the new feature with the track pad and it worked flawlessly....

I've taken to note that this device is surely just for light use, nothing to hectic like photoshop or gaming which is a let down.
I wonder if there is gonna be a MacBook Pro with this same design.....
Mm I wish....

Sent from my iPhone 6plus using Tapatalk

Bigeric23

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
I would not be surprised to see some of the design filter down to the MacBook Pro at some point. I'm just hoping they don't use one port. That would be a deal breaker for me.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
The Macbook can run Photoshop just fine...one of my clients just bought one for use on the fly since it's so small and stuff, and he uses photoshop often in it for graphic adjustments on his projects. The only real performance issue he's noticed is that the dongle that allows for USB accessories can have a bit of lag on input (IE: using a Wacom tablet connected to the dongle can make the input to the tablet slightly delayed, which can be really REALLY annoying when you're trying to do precision work with it).

That might not be the case with all of them, his might just be having issues, but it was something he reported to me (since we work heavily with photoshop and wacom tablets together).

Overall, my opinion of the machine is that it is a great starting point for a new age of Macbook design...and while I do hope certain elements of it's development find it's way to the MBP line, I DEFINITELY won't enjoy a lack of USB inputs on the Pro line...I almost feel it's a necessity, and if the MBP line comes out without USB connections (besides using that dongle), I won't even consider an upgrade.

I also think that while the battery life is impressive compared to what we've seen already with the Macbook line, I feel there's more room for improvement. Give me a Macbook Pro that has 24 hour battery life under heavy usage and I won't even b*tch and moan about missing inputs...I'll just smile while I don't have to keep my AC adapter handy.

ajarnfalang

Banned
Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
I can agree with this to a certain degree... Actually 90%. But in saying that, I do like the aesthetics and that's just about it!

Sent from my iPhone 6plus using Tapatalk

It's just eye candy, but there's nothing there at all to justify the ridiculous price tag.

It is at the end of the day, an iPad with a keyboard.

The same with the original Air. The price was ridiculous too.

I think the biggest flaw is Apple's line up is getting confusing. They're in danger of doing what Samsung does. Just have a huge line up of everything possible.

You have a 2012 old MacBook with a DVD drive selling for $1,099. Then you have the MacBook airs starting at $999? Then you have this Air retina thing starting at $1,400

But then you also have a MacBook Pro starting at $1,400. So you get a computer that does more for the same price that is already very thin.

Then they give the bigger storage to the computer that does less, and the smallest storage to the Pro computer and sell it for the same price.

Utterly ridiculous.

PortCity79

Feb 18, 2015
Visit site
Most of the design elements of the new MacBook is based on making the laptop as thin and energy efficient as possible for a particular customer base. The MacBook Pro's are aimed at people who need processing power and connectivity over portability. Therefore, usb-c (to replace usb 3) and force touch will most likely be the only carrier overs. There is a chance that MagSafe leaves but thunderbolt will be staying around since thunderbolt 3 will be out in the fall with Intel's new Skylake processor.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
blah blah blah, I can't differentiate my opinion with fact...blah blah blah.

FTFY.

Lots of people are interested in investing into new design development and the technology improvements the Macbook DID bring to the table (IE: Battery life, fanless design, new keyboard/trackpad, etc). You seem to think that because you're not interested in it that no one is...and that is a hilarious stance to have.