The new iOS 16

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
When I updated to the new iOS 16 the IMore as you all know did not show up on my phone with it. It can’t be downloaded as it is not in the App Store. STILL. I do not like Tapatalk…..

But I recently updated my iPad Air 4 on the new iOS 16 and nothing changed…..the IMore app is still on my ipad.

So why did it stay on my ipad but with the iPhone 13 Pro lost it and when upgraded to the iPhone 14 pro it still is not on it as well

This is NUTS !

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
Re: Th new ios16

Because your iPad is the same device that you had originally, whereas your iPhone 14 is a different device from the iPhone 13.

iOS/iPadOS do not remove apps from the device during an update when updating the OS, unless they lack space.

When you change devices or restore from backup, your device redownloads the app from the App Store. And it gets only the version that’s appropriate for the device you’re using, so the iPhone 13 app might very well not run on the iPhone 14 (that’s all done automatically).

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
The iMore Forums App was removed from the App Store. If it's on your device, an update won't remove it. But it won't be available on a new device. It's my understanding they are working on putting the iMore Forums App back in the App Store. It may have been removed by accident. It's like SwiftKey keyboard. They removed it from the App Store. I still use it on my 12 Pro Max, and updates don't affect it. But when I upgrade to the 14 Pro Max, I won't be able to get it.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
The iMore Forums App was removed from the App Store. If it's on your device, an update won't remove it. But it won't be available on a new device. It's my understanding they are working on putting the iMore Forums App back in the App Store. It may have been removed by accident. It's like SwiftKey keyboard. They removed it from the App Store. I still use it on my 12 Pro Max, and updates don't affect it. But when I upgrade to the 14 Pro Max, I won't be able to get it.

Will a backup not reinstall it on a new device?

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
And since most apps back up their data to iCloud and the actual apps aren’t saved during backups, other than Apple being able to sell more cloud space, backups are as useless as teets on a boar hog.

Nothing prevents you from using Finder (or iTunes, *shivers*) to back up your phone's data. :)
The apps are still not backed up, because they are compiled for your device's specific capabilities, dynamically.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site

It has been months now. I still don’t have it on my 14 pro and it wasn’t lost on my ipad with the new software update. I don’t like tapatalk.

o4liberty

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
I have been using Tapatalk from day one and love it I have 8 forums I belong too. It's better then imore IMHO.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I'm slowly becoming a Tapatalk fan. I even subscribed to it. LOL... one should never say never! :cant-watch:

ksassy

Mar 9, 2017
Visit site
It has been months now. I still don’t have it on my 14 pro and it wasn’t lost on my ipad with the new software update. I don’t like tapatalk.

Tapatalk is okay but it acts wonky from time to time and I miss the iMore Forums app on my 14 Pro Max. The only thing that I do like about Tapatalk is that I can also follow the MacRumors Forums. Even though I haven’t joined that forum it’s nice just to browse through the discussions tab since I don’t have the desire to join another online forum. I prefer the peeps here on iMore

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Tapatalk is okay but it acts wonky from time to time and I miss the iMore Forums app on my 14 Pro Max. The only thing that I do like about Tapatalk is that I can also follow the MacRumors Forums. Even though I haven’t joined that forum it’s nice just to browse through the discussions tab since I don’t have the desire to join another online forum. I prefer the peeps here on iMore

I visit the MacRumors forum from time to time but rarely post. I too prefer iMore!

o4liberty

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
I subscribed to Tapatalk and it well worth the 12 dollars a year. Any time I have had a problem their tech support was awesome and they fix the issue asap every time.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I subscribed to Tapatalk and it well worth the 12 dollars a year. Any time I have had a problem their tech support was awesome and they fix the issue asap every time.

I agree with this. When I first started giving Tapatalk a second chance, I had an issue uploading a photo. I clicked the report button, and was shocked when I got a response fairly soon after. The issue ended up resolving itself, but I was impressed with Tapatalk support's responsiveness. I ended up subscribing shortly thereafter.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW