The Letter to Rene, Georgia, and dude from Jersey: Why Im quitting iPhone

Status
Not open for further replies.

kaze258

Feb 22, 2012
Visit site
Hello all,

For years I have been using iPhone for my basic needs , and it has helped and lasted many years. Like many of you I too waited on long lines, to have the new iPad and use a mac at home. But a line has to be drawn , pretty much the service on the phone is slow , has connectivity issues and is horrible. I have used AT&T and Sprint. I am tired of every where I go people constantly having the same I phone Symptoms screaming at Siri trying to get it to work , with disorganized home screens. I don't want to be a part of those zombies in a way.......are just "want a beee fan boys". I have given much money and loyalty to apple but it ends here....., they keep producing the same product with minor changes. The jump from 4 to 4s was a costly one that I regretted a month later. Its like that feeling when Rene Hyped up the iPad 3 then had a special video saying that it was only essential if you have an iPad 1. The iPad 2 was fine for me ,but I have constantly given loyalty to a company that produces the same thing with one better aspect. I am using a basic phone now and find it hilarious , how many details I took for granted in IOS, but I am glad that I am free. There is no way that iPhone is pro productivity, it isolates you and feeds you garbage constantly. I had 2 days of peace ,because I have not been paying attention to my phone. calling and texting and emailing is all i need. Granted having all the other features is okay, but as I look for the new phone that I will use , I now have a base line of what I don't want, thats a generic phone that the mass public has. I have wasted hours of my life reading on a product that is exactly the same as I hold in my hands just with a bigger screen. There is no point in waiting so much for something thats too come , when you can enjoy the moment now why torture myself for products that I can have at this moment. I plan to live life to it's fullest waiting around for something to buy that i already have is not one of them, thats why I am quitting the iPhone .

Respectfully,:rolleyes:
Jose

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Wellbye3.jpg

Reactions: kaze258

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
Adios, you won't be missed. There are millions that will take your place. It only isolates you and only feeds you garbage because that's how you use it. So what does that say about your needs? Again, buh bye.

kaze258

Feb 22, 2012
Visit site
you guys haven't realize it yet but one day you will, that the time that you spend that is non productive on your phone, looking up the next phone and contributing more to a company that does not innovate ,and only modifies slightly there product continues to rob you blind. Its okay I have at least 8 apple products that I have started to replace slowly but surely its just time, see more than the apple eco system, looking at this argument from a third person view really look at the facts, samsung produces better quality phones, take the specs of a note or an S3 and compare them to a sluggish iPhone, instead of attacking this post look at the facts and compare them , the iPhone not durable its not fast , its not accurate, how many of you have spent more money on cases than the phone itself, the quality of the phone is ridiculous, ( "lets sell the glass Steve it will sell") I refuse to continue this Cycle and have made the decision to plug out of that ecosystem and "take the right pill" to get out of wonder land is a bold choice, I'm not asking anyone to join me, but rather listen that while under this spell from taking a bite of apple there is a chance to snap out of it.....

Comparing Samsung Galaxy S3 vs. Apple iPhone 4S 64GB - 18 Reasons for the Samsung Galaxy S3 - VERSUS IO <<<S3 Link
Comparing Samsung Galaxy Note vs. Apple iPhone 4S 64GB - Twelve Reasons for the Samsung Galaxy Note - VERSUS IO <<<note
Comparing HTC One X vs. Apple iPhone 4S 16GB - 23 Reasons for the HTC One X - VERSUS IO <<<htc best one yet

these i found in 5 mins, imagine even more research, I speak for myself and needed to air out, critcize all you want , thats what happens when you're a revolutionary ...you see the truth, continue to live in la la land everyone, I'm sure it will come out in the fall enjoy....:eek:

Exxod

May 15, 2012
Visit site
Is it guns or the people behind the guns that kill people? Useless garbage? You control your phone; it's not the phone's fault (this applies to any phone, not just the "horrible iPhone") that what you choose to do with it is unproductive. Having a smartphone (which happens to be an iPhone) has helped me tremendously as a student.

iLive an iLife

Trusted Member
Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Before I start writing, I am not here to cause trouble or start an internet brawl... Not my style - just want to point a few things out/address a few points you've made. Everything I write, I mean in the most respectful way possible.

I can't really comment on your Siri problems, I use that feature quite frequently and have never had an issue.

I don't understand how you can comment on the "new" iPhone when Apple has even announced the darn thing yet. You're jumping to conclusions. There is no concrete proof what the new iPhone is going to look like. Those parts that leaks might not even be legit. Moaning can only commence once the phone is officially announced.

In my opinion, the iPhone is definitely "pro productivity." Everyone always says that the iPhone is a toy (which I can understand and respect because of the VAST number of games available) but I think most people overlook exactly how much the iPhone can do. Personally, I use Facebook to keep in touch with friends, LinkedIn to help manage my professional connections, my bank's mobile banking apps to pay bills/move money around, the Starbucks app for paying for my coffee, the Comcast Xfinity (cable provider) app for setting my DVR, SportsCenter to keep up with sports' scores, Pandora for some radio, Poynt for directory assistance, the Weather Channel for weather forecasts, I also manage my personal, freelance marketing and school emails on my iPhone, manage my calendars (really loving iCloud), set up dinner reservations with OpenTable, get movie times with Flixster and can get daily news from the USA Today. I can understand for your personal use the iPhone may not have much value in the "productivity" field, but you can't make a sweeping statement saying it's anti-productivity because that's not true.

I sold phones for many years at Best Buy (this was years before their "Mobile" department came to fruition) and I agree, Samsung makes a solid device. The Note is a sweet phone, but it's not for everyone. It may be what you're itching for though!!

Anyway, I wish you all the best with whatever device you decide on! As long as you are happy with it, that's all that matters! :D

Last edited:

kaze258

Feb 22, 2012
Visit site
How are distractions Pro Productive, having the same likes as a child is nothing wrong, on the train as many other places you see adult children pounding on there glass phone wow, nothing like that....

As a part time student myself I have tried to do assignments portions on the phone and have not been able to complete it due to connectivity , speed and other factors, I credit more third party apps like drop box for that help.....

As for Siri working all the time?

"I can't really comment on your Siri problems, I use that feature quite frequently and have never had an issue. "

Really all the time , i find that hard to believe, there are way to many people that can share siri horror stories and just explain that a product in beta was pushed way before its time. It is ridiculous to assume that the device will work 100% of the time , there is no way that will happen. Siri has failed me 70 percent of the time that I have tried to use it , I have given up on it along time ago. Please remember to look at this issue open minded.

Its just a tool , that appeals to the mass population,
as part of a distraction in my opinion. For those that refuse to look at the big picture and only want to concentrate on defending your piece of glass, I have no words for you , you are completely mystified by your shinny object and no one will or can tell you different. It just bugs me to have been part of the population that was so devoted to the lie. shame on you apple you lied long enough.... look how devoted they are to your defective item...

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Every man gotta right to decide his own destiny,
And in this judgement there is no partiality.
So arm in arms, with arms, we'll fight this little struggle,
'Cause that's the only way we can overcome our little trouble.

Brother, you're right, you're right,
You're right, you're right, you're so right!
We gon' fight (we gon' fight), we'll have to fight (we gon' fight),
We gonna fight (we gon' fight), fight for our rights!

kaze258

Feb 22, 2012
Visit site
Is it guns or the people behind the guns that kill people? Useless garbage? You control your phone; it's not the phone's fault (this applies to any phone, not just the "horrible iPhone") that what you choose to do with it is unproductive. Having a smartphone (which happens to be an iPhone) has helped me tremendously as a student.
You control it , when you buy it , or after you jailbreak it , which gives you more control?.....:p

kaze258

Feb 22, 2012
Visit site
Still trying to figure out who "the dude from Jersey" is?!?! :D:D:D
He always wears a black shirt and has glasses , the dude from intermediate ,and does nickel fish whats his name ...i never remember!!! lol, he's cool!!!:roll eyes:

lol I can remember all that but not his name lol wow, i know....

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
After second thought, I closed this thread. It will not going anywhere except arguments. Time to move along.

Status
Not open for further replies.