The last couple days my battery life has dropped off bad!

0pusX

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Got my iPhone on 11/9 and up until 2 days ago I was getting about 10 hrs of usage with 24+ hours of "on time"

Then 3 days ago is started dropping off considerably. Now I'm getting maybe 7 hours of usage with 10 hours of "on time"

I wonder what was cause that...

Espo

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
I am also experiencing bad batter life. It was great and lasted me a whole day for the first week or so but now I have to charge at least once during the day otherwise it's dead by 8pm (usually take it off the charger around 8-9am).

ktrent#CB

Oct 15, 2011
Visit site
Same problem. Started a week ago. My wife's 5 is still rocking great batt but mine is terrible. I guess a restart from new is around the corner as bad as I hate to go there.

IAmAuthority

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
I too have noticed a small decline in my iPhone 5 battery capacity. While I originally attributed it to going from Wifi to LTE, this quickly became debunked as spending the entire day on Wifi I still have a low battery. As of late my phone seems to have adjusted and my battery life is back to some-what normal. A few things I may suggest...

-Lower screen brightness to 50% or lower
-Take your phone OFF Wifi whenever you're leaving a WiFi-designated-zone
-Put your phone to sleep - thus saving battery power
-Turn off some of the notification settings for apps you may not need to be notified about
-Turn your email account(s) to push for new email only when you open the Mail App (manually)
-Stop using your phone so much :D

Hope that helps those that are still have battery issues.

PS: And as AngryCPA stated; about once a month charge your phone full, then use it until it literally dies. This conditions the battery and keeps its capacity near full.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2