The last couple days my battery life has dropped off bad!

0pusX

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Got my iPhone on 11/9 and up until 2 days ago I was getting about 10 hrs of usage with 24+ hours of "on time"

Then 3 days ago is started dropping off considerably. Now I'm getting maybe 7 hours of usage with 10 hours of "on time"

I wonder what was cause that...

Espo

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
I am also experiencing bad batter life. It was great and lasted me a whole day for the first week or so but now I have to charge at least once during the day otherwise it's dead by 8pm (usually take it off the charger around 8-9am).

ktrent#CB

Oct 15, 2011
Visit site
Same problem. Started a week ago. My wife's 5 is still rocking great batt but mine is terrible. I guess a restart from new is around the corner as bad as I hate to go there.

IAmAuthority

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
I too have noticed a small decline in my iPhone 5 battery capacity. While I originally attributed it to going from Wifi to LTE, this quickly became debunked as spending the entire day on Wifi I still have a low battery. As of late my phone seems to have adjusted and my battery life is back to some-what normal. A few things I may suggest...

-Lower screen brightness to 50% or lower
-Take your phone OFF Wifi whenever you're leaving a WiFi-designated-zone
-Put your phone to sleep - thus saving battery power
-Turn off some of the notification settings for apps you may not need to be notified about
-Turn your email account(s) to push for new email only when you open the Mail App (manually)
-Stop using your phone so much :D

Hope that helps those that are still have battery issues.

PS: And as AngryCPA stated; about once a month charge your phone full, then use it until it literally dies. This conditions the battery and keeps its capacity near full.