The iPhone is the best device to date for me

mach1man

Oct 15, 2015
Visit site
Re: iPhone vs Android

I just checked. My iPad Pro does reverse charge my iPhone, etc. Apple is integrating stuff like that, but it isn’t a universal thing, such as my iPhone reverse charging my Watch, though my iPad can.

Is it reverse wireless charging your iPhone?

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site

The thing that stops me from going all in on iPhone, and not having both, is Google Assistant and Google Home. If Apple ever came out with anything similar I would be a one platform guy.

vimagreg

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site

The thing that stops me from going all in on iPhone, and not having both, is Google Assistant and Google Home. If Apple ever came out with anything similar I would be a one platform guy.

True. Siri is years behind Google Assistant for now.

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site

True. Siri is years behind Google Assistant for now.

I don’t think they’ll ever catch up, I’m not even sure they want to.
They seem to be going in a different direction, medical. That’s probably smart and they will most likely lead in that category.

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site

I don’t think they’ll ever catch up, I’m not even sure they want to.
They seem to be going in a different direction, medical. That’s probably smart and they will most likely lead in that category.

I seriously think Apple doesn’t care if they catch up. I ask folks all the time about why they don’t switch to Android for more customization and the google assistant and so on.

They always give me the same answer, simplicity and their iPhones and iPads just work and they like it that way. As with many others out there on the forums, I have been around since the early days.

I have seen massive improvements in IOS and Mac OS and Apple has built a Trillion dollar company by following those principles, so why wonder off the path that has led them to the pot of gold, just my two cents.

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site

I seriously think Apple doesn’t care if they catch up. I ask folks all the time about why they don’t switch to Android for more customization and the google assistant and so on.

They always give me the same answer, simplicity and their iPhones and iPads just work and they like it that way. As with many others out there on the forums, I have been around since the early days.

I have seen massive improvements in IOS and Mac OS and Apple has built a Trillion dollar company by following those principles, so why wonder off the path that has led them to the pot of gold, just my two cents.

I agree and actually think it’s a good thing. We don’t need two or more identical platforms. We need variety.

Apple brings simplicity and really tries to perfect the things it does. One example is their weather app which, I believe, is second to none. Another is iMessage, again, thought of as the best messaging platform.

Android, on the other hand, brings innovation and pushes boundaries. I have multiple speakers in my home and Android can do more than play music, it can answer questions or show step by step instructions on how to cook dinner on the display in my kitchen.

It’s really about which platform fits your needs best.

mach1man

Oct 15, 2015
Visit site

Apple brings simplicity and really tries to perfect the things it does. One example is their weather app which, I believe, is second to none. Another is iMessage, again, thought of as the best messaging platform.

It’s really about which platform fits your needs best.

iMessage is only good bc Apple doesn’t allow RCS on the text message side. Google has its Google message which is like iMessage yet can be used on Samsung, Google, Any android and it has all the features of iMessage. If Apple opened up the text message side and enabled RCS and the ability to send High quality videos of text, then I bet they loose a good amount of people.

grover5

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site

iMessage is only good bc Apple doesn’t allow RCS on the text message side. Google has its Google message which is like iMessage yet can be used on Samsung, Google, Any android and it has all the features of iMessage. If Apple opened up the text message side and enabled RCS and the ability to send High quality videos of text, then I bet they loose a good amount of people.

iMessage is good because they built a great messaging app. It’s lose not loose. Loose is not tight.

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
iPhone vs Android

Difference is good. Nobody wants identical platforms.

Difference is great, that’s what keep innovation and competition in play, if a viable third player where to enter the smartphone market, that would really stir up the pot.

Like when we had IOS, Android, Blackberry and Windows Mobile. Each platform was trying to be better then their competitors, that’s actually great for the consumers and keeps the cost competitive.

mach1man

Oct 15, 2015
Visit site

iMessage is good because they built a great messaging app. It’s lose not loose. Loose is not tight.

I wouldn’t say great, I’ll give you good and reliable. And sorry my auto correct for some reason switch to loose instead of lose… but you can calm down there grammar Nazi

Thud Hardsmack

Trusted Member
Jan 24, 2016
Visit site

Problem with RCS is it’s not enabled by default unless someone has a particular device, and dependent on the app being used as well. Plus, only a few people outside the online tech community know what it is. It’s not a completely reliable service, I noticed it turning off and on in conversations for no reason whatsoever. iMessage just works, to use the cliché.

o4liberty

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site

I message can't be beat sending photos and videos is flawless no need to send links like with android devices to get a better image

vimagreg

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site

Sorry, RCS is not even comparable to iMessage. Yet. Simply no reliable (at least here in Brazil), doesn’t work well with media, depends on specific apps which not everyone uses. I tried to use RCS, I really tried. But was impossible, for me, with my needs. Actually even iMessage doesn’t fits me well, since there is a very few people using iPhones in this country. So, here, communication is a matter of using WA or… almost nothing. So, for me, is almost nothing.

grover5

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site

I wouldn’t say great, I’ll give you good and reliable. And sorry my auto correct for some reason switch to loose instead of lose… but you can calm down there grammar Nazi

We disagree on iMessage which is how it goes sometimes. I’m not excited about the spelling. I do see that error made too often.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro