The iPhone does have a scratch resistant screen!

Oliverg109

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
Ok so, the sad part of the story is that my iPhone cracked completely from the back, I was sitting on a chair and I was reclining and it feel off my pants when I was pulling out a receipt from my pocket, when it hit the floor in fell on the back and it was cracked pretty bad, the same thing happened the next day but this time it feel on the side of the screen, same height and it literally slipped from my pocket as I was reclining also but when it hit face flat not even a scratch, nada! I thought I was going to have to replace the screen but this screen is in perfect conditions, I pretty happy about that!!! By the way I did not have a case at the moment it hit the floor both times.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
You are brave to have kept a case off after it already fell once. I'm not that brave, so I keep a screen protector and a Speck case on my iPhones at all times. :)

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Backs are cheap and easy to replace after 2 falls I would get a candy shell case

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

xlipstickandbruisesx

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
I really just think you got lucky and it depends on where it exactly hits when it hits the ground. I had stopped using a hard case and was using a leather juicy phone pouch thingy and dropped my phone and it was fine and then dropped it again and got a small crack on the front and it was on the same tile and in the same spot both times. I did luck out with the crack only being on the bottom corner and not on the actual screen and it didn't shatter but it still did break. I would get the back fixed and put a case on it asap lol.

Oliverg109

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
I have been thinking of replacing it, I just want sure if apple did that kind of work. By any chances does anyone know what they would charge to fix the back?

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
The front is what everything is attached to so there's a slighter chance of it cracking like the back. Luckily it was the back n you can just replace it yourself. If it was the front you'd be screwed.

xlipstickandbruisesx

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
30 for the back and 130 for the front.

iPhone.

Apple does not replace the front on the 4s model. I called immediately when I cracked the screen and had some employee laugh at me said yeah bummer you have to buy a new one... I bit my tounge but I wanted to tell him it was a bummer he was 30 and worked at the mall