The iPhone 6 Plus is a JOKE. And here I tell you why.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redbird1

Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
Android may have won the spec war, but Apple is winning the quality/usability war. I've had the Samsung Note 3 since June. It started out as a good phone, but it has morphed into a piece of junk. It's laggy, the battery life has gone down the toilet, and the apps suck. Android can't do email to save it's life.

Looking forward to getting my "JOKE" iPhone 6 Plus.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Let's keep from personal attacks on the OP folks. Keep it respectful, whether you agree or disagree with another.

zsswNR3.gif

calebt

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
I’m in the middle on this topic of resources. I know that iOS works fine with the specs Apple provides now, but another gig of ram would be like a good friend; hey I’m here if you need me, maybe on the next release.

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
The more ram the more battery drain.
I think Apple will add more ram when they believe the have it right as far as battery life.
I always here about the Note 3 and its 3 gig of ram. Does it perform any better than a 6 Plus? I've read numerous places on the terrible batt life of the Note 3.
With all these Android phones with more ram than a iPhone how come none of them beat the pants of a iPhone performance wise? And most of these Android phones all I hear about is poor batter life.
I'm sure Apple could slap 2 gig of ram in a iPhone but at what cost battery wise. They will do it when they feel they get right. Who knows that could be with the new iPads.

OBF

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
I honestly don't care about specs. Specs look good on paper, but in the end real performance is what actually counts. Just like in that video the iPhone 6 demolished the Galaxy S5 in the speed test. And it did so with outdated specs. The GS5 is a great device and its specs look more impressive than the 6 but again, it's just all on paper. I just want a device that works and is reliable and that's the primary reason I switched from Android to iPhone. So go ahead and brag all you want about specs, none of it matters in real life.

Specs =/= real life performance.

vsnlweb

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
tl;dr

**Rant Begins**

I did read some of the OP and none of the comments, so forgive me if this has been said a million times already...

Samsung! Note 3, Note 2, Note 1, Alpha, S4, S5.

What do they have in common? They all have their short falls. The OP complains about the iOS and Android catching up. Well, I'll give him that, Android has caught up. But why do people keep going to Apple, and why do they buy Apple products which can be said to be more expensive than other phones.

I have owned many android devices, including the Nexus devices, so yeh... Anyway, where can I go to get support or my phone looked at without waiting a week? No where... Even the insurance from the carrier is BS, I have had it with ATT, Tmobile etc etc and now Rogers, which is by far the worst. I have an iPhone, something is wrong, they run their diagnoses and if they find something they replace it. BTW at this point I do have AppleCare+ but I haven used it yet and yet I have had my phone replaced (iPhone 5S). Any android phone you won't get the same support or customer service. HE rants about specs... That in itself is a joke. Just because he is an engineer doesn't mean he knows how a phone works far less for software. iOS is by far the closest thing to the most stable software around, when using an Android device, there are many bugs, many flaws and no eco system. Apple it does, might not be perfect, but hey, it works for the most part. DO you know how expensive it would be to have software that is absolutely perfect? If you don't, ask NASA, their systems need to be perfect. Rant, rant, rant and all you are is another spec freak, not everything need a million cores to run close to flawless. Sometimes efficiency means something. Which android is not. DO they both have their pro's and cons, yes! I just don't see why people have to write a post and make it seem like no other company does the same thing. They're all out to make money and put products on the market... Get off your high horse OP.

**Rant Ends**

lmao

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
I respectfully disagree with some of your points in your rant. I do think that Apple had done a good job optimizing the software with the hardware in their devices. But iOS is buggy. Very buggy actually, even after a couple of updates. And I think that Apple is finding that as they begin to add more and more features that you have found on Android for some years now that it it is having an effect on performance. I don't mind it because I have come to the conclusion that mobile software will be buggy. That's why we get so many updates. And I'm fine with this. I'm not sure what you meant by no ecosystem on Android. The Google ecosystem is massive and a lot of iOS users use Google services. As far as specs are concerned, I see the reason for interest if there is a benefit. I wouldn't buy a smartphone with a 2 MP camera, or a 1300 mah battery, or a 3.5 inch screen today. It just depends on how the smartphone is packaged and how it performs. Sometimes increased specs make a difference.

Sent from my iPad Air using Swype and Tapatalk

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
I honestly don't care about specs. Specs look good on paper, but in the end real performance is what actually counts. Just like in that video the iPhone 6 demolished the Galaxy S5 in the speed test. And it did so with outdated specs. The GS5 is a great device and its specs look more impressive than the 6 but again, it's just all on paper. I just want a device that works and is reliable and that's the primary reason I switched from Android to iPhone. So go ahead and brag all you want about specs, none of it matters in real life.

Specs =/= real life performance.

Why bother upgrading iphones if you don't care about specs? Comparing to android phones doesn't mean squat because iOS =/= OEM bloat over android. This is comparing Apples to Oranges.

Yes, real life performance is what matters but generally better specs equals better real life performance. Especially with iOS devices. Apple, once or twice a year, spends a couple of hours at each event telling you how much better their newest gadgets are. It's because of updated specs and software optimization and its integration with hardware. Not because of the "i don't care about specs" fairy.

Status
Not open for further replies.