The iPhone 5C is what I call a "Gateway Drug"

phonejunky

Jan 24, 2010
Visit site
The iPhone 5C is what I like to call a GATEWAY DRUG. The reason I say this is even looking in these forums and, the negativity it recieves (mainly in the geek work exclusively) overshadows it's purpose. The iPhone 5C with its iPhone 5 specs in a new shell has brought new customers because of its colors alone (the fun look) and the all so powerful status symbol it holds as an apple device. However it also gets people on to team apple and then gets them wishing for more after seeing what iPhone can do with the thought and this is the bargain phone. They did well in making it the new bargain device although the price is kind of a trick because you're not really getting a bargain Apple is. Anyway great phone smart move by apple. Sales are doing well

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
re: The iPhone 5C is what I call a "Gateway Drug"

That's the interesting way to look at it. ;)

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
re: The iPhone 5C is what I call a "Gateway Drug"

Indeed, an interesting take on the iPhone 5C. Thanks...:)

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
When I hear "gateway" it feels like it's a starter phone and the 5C, to me at least, seems to be a pretty premium device considering its price.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
The only flaw in your logic is I've yet to see anyone new to Apple thru the 5c buying an iPad or a Mac but then again they could still be in the Gateway faze 😏

iMore Ambassador -iPhone 5s

phonejunky

Jan 24, 2010
Visit site
I don't believe Kataran really know what's he's talking about. I think he's more or less just talking. I know 2 people personally who is what as gateway to a 5S.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
I don't believe Kataran really know what's he's talking about. I think he's more or less just talking. I know 2 people personally who is what as gateway to a 5S.

The title of this thread led me to believe it was a light hearted conversation and no I've yet to know anyone in person that bought a 5c and there's a total of three people that have or mentioned they were going to try something STRONGER 😑

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
The title of this thread led me to believe it was a light hearted conversation and no I've yet to know anyone in person that bought a 5c and there's a total of three people that have or mentioned they were going to try something STRONGER 😑

I work in a cellphone store and it's crazy but 80% of my customers go for the 5c. I think it's the same phenomenon that happened with me. It's a whole bunch of Android users who got their attention caught by an unconventional iPhone.

Up until recently Boost Mobile only carried Androids and Blackberry devices. Upon receiving the iPhone, I sold six 5c's and one 5s in the first day.

I just think that the color lead many of us to be curious. Even the hard core Androidians had their attention diverted to the device. We all saw it as a very "Un-Apple" move. Which was exactly why we gave it a shot.

No regrets and I'm an owner of a 5s as well.

?Sent from a larger than life device. Using Tapatalk?

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I work in a cellphone store and it's crazy but 80% of my customers go for the 5c. I think it's the same phenomenon that happened with me. It's a whole bunch of Android users who got their attention caught by an unconventional iPhone.

Up until recently Boost Mobile only carried Androids and Blackberry devices. Upon receiving the iPhone, I sold six 5c's and one 5s in the first day.

I just think that the color lead many of us to be curious. Even the hard core Androidians had their attention diverted to the device. We all saw it as a very "Un-Apple" move. Which was exactly why we gave it a shot.

No regrets and I'm an owner of a 5s as well.

?Sent from a larger than life device. Using Tapatalk?

It helps that the iPhone 5c was cheaper and had far more units in stock...

I wish I was working in a Carrier store...it would be fascinating to see new phones every day...

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
It helps that the iPhone 5c was cheaper and had far more units in stock...

I wish I was working in a Carrier store...it would be fascinating to see new phones every day...

If you are a technophile, you'll end up broke like me. I must of gone through some 25+ phones before getting the 5c. We got a few new devices since then but I'm happy where I am on the work line (For now). Let's see what the 6 brings!

?Sent from the colored one using Tapatalk?

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
If you are a technophile, you'll end up broke like me. I must of gone through some 25+ phones before getting the 5c. We got a few new devices since then but I'm happy where I am on the work line (For now). Let's see what the 6 brings!

?Sent from the colored one using Tapatalk?

Lol almost like an alcoholic working at a liquor store 😊

I guess I would be in the same boat if I had your job but it must be exciting to test drive all the new tech

phonejunky

Jan 24, 2010
Visit site

It's still light hearted. I was merely pointing out the flaw in your logic. From reading these forums is how I came up with the title anyway. Also my personal experience seeing people switch after falling in love with their 5C. You as well mentioned you know a couple of people. So that's just between the two of us we actually know 4 in all that have upgraded. So there has to be some truth to it being a great gateway phone to using apple top tier device. Sales would also suggest this.

Kashan Osama

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
lol 5c doesn't matter in U.S they have carriers,even in europe (most of it)...But it matters to us,The asians, "A reasonably priced phone for the masses" Really AAPL?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nijolcreative