The iPhone 5c has flavors not colors

grangerfx

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
I have been trying to understand the pastel colors used for the rumored iPhone 5c. They seem like an odd choice. I think the phone would look better in more saturated or darker colors. This morning I realized that the phones could be named for flavors of ice cream: Vanilla, Strawberry, Blueberry, Lemon and Lime. This would make the phones more desirable. Their smooth exteriors make them seem lickable. Using the ice cream in the marketing of their low cost phones would also cheapen the Android OS candy themed names leaving the high ground for the premium iPhone 5s.

Attachments

• IceCreame5c.jpg
    IceCreame5c.jpg
    214.5 KB · Views: 99
Last edited:

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I have been trying to understand the pastel colors used for the rumored iPhone 5c. They seem like an odd choice. I think the phone would look better in more saturated or darker colors. This morning I realized that the phones could be named for flavors of ice cream: Vanilla, Strawberry, Blueberry, Lemon and Lime. This would make the phones more desirable. Their smooth exteriors make them seem lickable. Using the ice cream in the marketing of their low cost phones would also cheapen the Android OS candy themed names leaving the high ground for the premium iPhone 5s.

Good analogy, but do we know for certain that the colors you've posted are indeed the colors that Apple will be using for the rumored iPhone 5c? I understand your take in regard to marketing them using flavors as a description, however, I think people will simply like the colors or not. Furthermore, Apple will sell a ton of them based solely on the fact of being offered in colors other than black and white, in my opinion, but we'll know soon enough...:)

Last edited:

Songbirdy

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site

I would personally love the pastel colors! I love them! I don't about everyone else though.......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site

I don't see Apple marketing these as ice cream flavors. I agree with D, the colors will be popular among a certain base because they are cool colors. The flavor thing is too gimmicky IMO.

grangerfx

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
Good analogy, but do we know for certain that the colors you've posted are indeed the colors that Apple will be using for the rumored iPhone 5c?
I was hoping that these were just test runs with whatever colored plastic the factory had available as had previously been suggested when the first photos appeared. By now though there is no doubt that these are, in fact, the colors. Too many photos have appeared from too many sources and more are showing up every day. This is pretty typical so close to the release date. I used to be really cautious about these types of rumors but there is just too much past evidence that it is impossible to keep the case design of a new iPhone secret any more since they are being produced in such high volumes.

grangerfx

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
I don't see Apple marketing these as ice cream flavors. I agree with D, the colors will be popular among a certain base because they are cool colors. The flavor thing is too gimmicky IMO.

We shall see in a couple of weeks. I am usually wrong about these things but I wanted to put this idea out there now before anyone else jumps on it.

theKHMERboy

May 12, 2013
Visit site
This is cool have different selection of colours and its a affordable iPhone with mostly all the features.. I can see someone in high school or something getting this iPhone

impaler

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
If true, the colors will likely fit in with iOS 7's color palette. Jony Ive will match hardware and software into one system.

Sent from my iPad 3 using iMore Forums app

jburke82

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I wonder if they will be releasing a black-colored version. I loved the 3gs in black. This phone (if what the rumors are saying turn out to be true) wouldn't be bad at all....with the internals being similiar (if not the same) to the current 5.

melbsteve

Jun 23, 2013
Visit site
I do like the idea. Surely I would go with Lime. ;-) That said, Mr Ive will probably come up with some fancy-pancy language for the colours.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner