The iOS and CarPlay Google Maps app is finally getting this driving feature Android users have been using

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
This could be useful when travelling internationally in countries using non-standard units.

My car only supports km/h for speed measurements, which is fine as long as I don’t cross the USA border.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
The built-in navigation system of my car has that feature. Anyway, having the speed displayed on the map is a fine feature, but arguably impractical because many of us routinely check our speed via our vehicle's speedometer.

Last edited:

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
The built-in navigation system of my car has that feature. Anyway, having the speed displayed on the map is a fine feature, but arguably impractical because many of us routinely check our speed via our vehicle's speedometer.

The difference being is that your car displays an accurate reading, the redundant feature from google maps is also inaccurate.

Last edited by a moderator:

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
The difference being is that your car displays an accurate reading, the redundant feature from google maps is also inaccurate.

I don't doubt you, and I haven't used Google maps on my iPhone in a long time.

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
It would be very useful in Apple Maps, when the choices on one’s car are this:

IMG_1579.jpeg

Unfortunately, my only recourse when travelling to the USA: Siri, and trying to remember what it replied.

Reactions: Just_Me_D