The horror of the iPhone ... The RIng

Yjaybrooks

Sep 4, 2012
Visit site
I have a 4s ( sprint edition ) and I notice everytime I turn on my Facebook app or open the Internet or anything involving the Internet
Now "The RIng" pops up and it doesn't even try to load !! I dialed the ## code to restore reception but still
Nothing ?? What to do

Fit24

Trusted Member
Aug 9, 2012
Visit site
I have a 4s ( sprint edition ) and I notice everytime I turn on my Facebook app or open the Internet or anything involving the Internet
Now "The RIng" pops up and it doesn't even try to load !! I dialed the ## code to restore reception but still
Nothing ?? What to do

If I interpret your description correctly your phone is syncing. Are you using WiFi or do you have a good strong signal?

VZWiP4

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
The ring means 1X data connection on Sprint/Verizon. You're not in a good coverage area for data and it may seem that your internet isn't working because 1X is VERY slow.

rex450se

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
I just figured that out but its happening more frequent now what can I do about this ??

Switch to Verizon or AT&T for the iPhone 5. Verizon's 3G is at least manageable, and AT&T's is very serviceable. And when you're on LTE you'll wonder how you lived without it. Sprint's speeds are abysmal at best.

Victor

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Switch to Verizon or AT&T for the iPhone 5. Verizon's 3G is at least manageable, and AT&T's is very serviceable. And when you're on LTE you'll wonder how you lived without it. Sprint's speeds are abysmal at best.

Victor

I agree 100%. I had the same issue on Sprint. I finally got tired of them telling me they're going through network optimization & I switched to Verizon. Best decision I made!!!

GingerSnapsBack

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
That was the one reason why I left Sprint. I couldn't get anything faster than 1x on my BB. I had a BB brand paperweight. Calls wouldn't come thru, no texts. Nothing. I never got 3G on my BB unless I was outside with my hand on a cell tower.

Verizon is better as far as coverage goes.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I totally agree with all the posters answers to the OP. I have always been on Verizon Wireless and even with my 4S I have fast service even on 3G.

mossyoak

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
I'm with VZW and I have noticed that I get the ring as well alot more now since updating to iOS6. Its the exact same areas that i've been in with previous iOS and didnt have any problems, or maybe i'm just noticing it alot more now since the update bc i'm always looking at it. But either way it is annoying!

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
I get it much more now as well. I notice it in areas of my travel on the interstate and I never dropped 3G in those areas. I never updated my 4S to IOS6 prior to getting my 5, so I cannot attribute it specifically to IOS6 or the radios in the 5. Either way, it sucks. But, when I am in LTE all is well. Edit: I have Verizon as my carrier.

HankHowdy

May 12, 2012
Visit site
All my friends with sprint iPhones have the ring issue and terrible data speeds.

I do have a verizon iPhone an the ring rarely appears. Only when I travel to the middle of nowhere.

Sent from my iPhone 4S? using Tapatalk

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
I'd offer unlimited data too if my network sucked. Sprint was ok when the others were equal or worse. Both AT&T and Verizon improved while Sprint sat around making bad decisions. Even a blind person could see wimax was not going to end well.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh