The free 4S will be an 8GB

jmr1015

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
Everyone is bagging on the 8GB "free" iPhone... but in case you haven’t been paying attention, the "free" iPhone has been an 8GB version all along. This is nothing new, and it’s certainly not a surprise. To anyone. The 3G was an 8GB version. The 3GS was an 8GB version and the iPhone 4 is/was an 8GB model. So now, the 4S will be, too.

I think the difference is, in my opinion, that the older iPhones, 3G, 3GS, and 4... were available as 8gb models... The 4S was never available as a 8gb model. 16gb was as small as they came. So, it just feels like a rip to intentionally reduce the storage capacity now that it is the "free" model, that isn't free if you want it unlocked. $450 for a sandbagged 8gb 4S is a rip.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I think the difference is, in my opinion, that the older iPhones, 3G, 3GS, and 4... were available as 8gb models... The 4S was never available as a 8gb model. 16gb was as small as they came. So, it just feels like a rip to intentionally reduce the storage capacity now that it is the "free" model, that isn't free if you want it unlocked. $450 for a sandbagged 8gb 4S is a rip.

I am certain that the iPhone 4 was not available in the 8GB version prior to the introduction of the iPhone 5, and the iPhone 4's ultimate relegation to the "bargain bid".

However, this whole thing quickly becomes a financial issue... vote with your wallet and simply don’t do the deal. Scrounge up the $99 to go with the iPhone 5C.

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I am certain that the iPhone 4 was not available in the 8GB version prior to the introduction of the iPhone 5, and the iPhone 4's ultimate relegation to the "bargain bid".

However, this whole thing quickly becomes a financial issue... vote with your wallet and simply don?t do the deal. Scrounge up the $99 to go with the iPhone 5C.

Not that it matters. I thought the iPhone 4 was available in 8gb.

ernbrdn

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
For the record I wasn't bagging on it merely making an observation. The fact if the matter is the demographic the 4s is targeted at now 8 gig will probably believe than enough, what do flip phones usually come with? 256 Megs? 8GB is a huge step up, if your moving from another smartphone to the 4S 8gb I would just suggest saving $99 bucks for the 5C or you might not get the experience your deserve.

Sent through time and space via NSA Prism proxy for your adulterated viewing pleasure.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox