The concept of an Autonomous App Library

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I don’t think many seem to grasp the concept of the App Library.

The App Library is completely autonomous.

If a user so desires, one could create folders and rearrange apps all day long on iOS with the Home Screen. A user can have pages and pages of folders, apps, and widgets arranged to said users content on the Home Screen, not the App Library.

The autonomous App Library is a new concept, basically Siri suggestion on steroids. I don’t recall anyone complaining they couldn’t customize Siri suggestion over the last two years, it just worked. Sometimes new concepts can be frighting to a certain type of user.

We have to remember the concept of a phone with only four buttons and a touchscreen frightened so many users when the iPhone debuted. Today iPhones have only three buttons and I don’t think many can fathom going back to a phone with a tiny screen littered with buttons.

I would wager it depends entirely on the capacity of the end user to grasp new concepts, from a touch screen phone to a self-governing App Library. At this stage of machine leading and AI, some will but most won’t. With many here calling for the ability to customize the App Library likened to exBlackberry users trying to espouse the merits of a physical keyboards in 2020. It is rather ridiculous and mildly entertaining to observe.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
Re: The concept of an Autonous App Library

I like App Library. I have several apps that I use very rarely and I don't necessarily want to have their icons on a home screen, or jammed into a folder that I never open but still want the app installed. An automatically sorted listened folders of installed apps is great for me, anyway.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site

I like App Library. I have several apps that I use very rarely and I don't necessarily want to have their icons on a home screen, or jammed into a folder that I never open but still want the app installed. An automatically sorted listened folders of installed apps is great for me, anyway.

This makes good sense to me.

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site

This is my use of the App Library. Removing unused apps out of view.

This and App Clips might make me remove apps that I never use. I’m looking at you IKEA.

JandN2639

Nov 23, 2017
Visit site
I have not noticed any customization in the App Library. However, I downloaded an Arcade game, and it's not on my home screen. In addition, one app I use at least once every day can't be opened from the home screen anymore. Definitely there are glitches!

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I have not noticed any customization in the App Library. However, I downloaded an Arcade game, and it's not on my home screen. In addition, one app I use at least once every day can't be opened from the home screen anymore. Definitely there are glitches!

You can specify where newly downloaded apps appear.
-Only in App Library
-In App Library and Home Screen.

You can find it under Settings > Home Screen.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods