The 10th Gen iPad was supposed to make the iPad lineup simpler, but it does the opposite

Up_And_Away

Aug 27, 2021
Visit site
>>>”Unless Apple is planning a magical $100 price drop on the base iPad next year, the sub-$350 tablet price point is going to have an empty throne. And while there may not be a competitor that takes its place, the $329 iPad will be sorely missed.”<<<

The price bump on the base IPad is unfortunate. That sub $350 made it an excellent value.
Maybe Apple will drop the 10th gen closer down to the $350 when the 11th gen comes out? This will become “around 350” category instead of sub 350. That will keep that lower cost option in the lineup.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
>>>”Unless Apple is planning a magical $100 price drop on the base iPad next year, the sub-$350 tablet price point is going to have an empty throne. And while there may not be a competitor that takes its place, the $329 iPad will be sorely missed.”<<<

The price bump on the base IPad is unfortunate. That sub $350 made it an excellent value.
Maybe Apple will drop the 10th gen closer down to the $350 when the 11th gen comes out? This will become “around 350” category instead of sub 350. That will keep that lower cost option in the lineup.

This will only happen though if people refuse to buy the iPad at this price point.
If Apple see a huge decline in iPad sales, maybe then they will. Rethink their pricing strategy again.

Unfortunately we all know that people buy Apple devices anyway regardless of the pricing, so basically the sky is the limit for Apple, for now.

Up_And_Away

Aug 27, 2021
Visit site
This will only happen though if people refuse to buy the iPad at this price point.
If Apple see a huge decline in iPad sales, maybe then they will. Rethink their pricing strategy again.

Unfortunately we all know that people buy Apple devices anyway regardless of the pricing, so basically the sky is the limit for Apple, for now.

I don’t think there is any way sales won’t get hit to some degree. A price rises by 33% and it will effect sales. How much is TBD and will determine whether the last gen IPad will stay in the lineup at the sub 400 level.

Obviously I disagree with the blanket statement “unfortunately we all know people buy Apple devices regardless of pricing”. If that were true then AirPods Pro 2 would be 300$. iPhone 14 pro max would be 1199 instead of 1099. Apple clearly understands pricing matters. I own almost the whole Apple eco and I will not pay anything (and with lots of due respect: it is a different discussion for value proposition of upfront price to life span, functionality and interoperation, ease of use and resale value that leans frequently in Apple’s favor. Upfront cost does not determine the much more important overall lifetime net price. This is something that took me decades of life experience to get right).

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox