texts not going through with 3 bars in basement

theyouthahead

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
i dont get why this phone wont send texts in the basement. My old droid sent and received them no problem. I have 3 bars and cant send or receive them any suggestions?

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Go back to the droid then.

That was less than helpful.

I'd suggest trying different areas in the basement/going down the stairs, etc.. to see if there is any great fluctuation in signal strength in the different areas. It's quite possible that the antenna and/or radio on the iPhone is in such a place that the building construction/materials interfere with the signal... and remember that Apple fudged the signal bars back when they released iOS 4.01 (I think that was it)... to make the "bars" bigger - the effect was to make it look "better" in terms of the received signal strength.

Also try upstairs above the area(s) in question at lower levels - hold the phone on or near the floor to see what happens.

Experiment with it a little and see if you notice any trends...

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
i dont get why this phone wont send texts in the basement. My old droid sent and received them no problem. I have 3 bars and cant send or receive them any suggestions?

If you still have the Droid try switching back to that and see if the problem persists. That way you can determine if it is the phone or the service itself. It may be Verizon and can clear up in a few days.

Tennessee

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site

You stated that you have three bars, does it also say 3G You may have a voice signal on extended network, but what about 3G. Also if you search you will see a way to add a percentage of signal with the bars. I cant remember exactly how but I saw it on here.

ZOFOURTWENTY

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
while in the basement, try doing the *228 to update roaming capabilities and signal strength, when I had issue in my olf apartment which was a basement apt I wasnt able to get a strong signal so I went to the corner where the signal was weakest and did the *228 and that helped fix the problem

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner