anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
That would be relevant if I posted on another thread but I created the tread. If its so frustrating why not stay off the thread?

Oh its quite relevant.

The forum is here for help...this is true, but there is also an assumed idea that some of you would use the basic ability to SEARCH for an answer for even a split second, many of these redundant threads would not be necessary and the threads with legitimate discussions about problems or questions people have that are not redundant won't get washed in the flood of these type of threads...

Forum etiquette i suppose you could call it, if there is such a thing...

cyberpaw

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
I think it is ironic that this forum has gone onto 3 pages worth of flaming, when someone could have simply (1) answered the first poster's question / provided a link to the answer and, then, (2) politely informed the poster on how to use the search.

I joined this forum, because I am considering moving from a Blackberry to the iPhone. But if this is the way iPhone people treat newbies, I may reconsider....

Last edited:

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I think it is ironic that this forum has gone onto 3 pages worth of flaming, when someone could have simply (1) answered the first poster's question / provided a link to the answer and, then, (2) politely informed the poster on how to use the search.

I joined this forum, because I am considering moving from a Blackberry to the iPhone. But if this is the way iPhone people treat newbies, I may reconsider....

The question has been asked - repeatedly and answered in this thread and the others.

And you're reconsidering your interest in the iPhone because of how someone responded to a question on a forum board?

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site

Why do people assume the world is always bubble gum and puppy dogs and rainbows...and get all butt hurt when someone reminds them to use their noggins sometimes instead of having their hands held?

Christ oh mighty people, integrate a little before you start acting like heroes. We've got a whole bunch of newbies with big voices and nothing really to back it up...you want to leave? GTFO...or grow some thicker skin, stick around and be a part of the group, help a little, and make the community informative, and not repetitive.