Text Messages

barbieprincess

Mar 16, 2009
Visit site
Is is possible to change the text message sounds to my own on iPhone? I've managed to use a site for making music to ringtone, but it does not work for text. :)

JustinHorn

Aug 3, 2008
whenwillapple.com
You can change the text sound from the default, but only to one of the other Apple included sounds. If you jailbreak then you have a lot more options, but since I don't jailbreak can't really help you beyond letting you know it's possible.

shutter

Jan 13, 2009
Visit site
Cant you convert tunes to be compatible for Ringtones/Message Tones/Alarm Tones? Then just copy them into iTunes?

Not for text, email, voicemail, calendar alarms and such. If jailbroken you can use an app called toneFXs to convert and replace the sounds, pretty easy and fool proof, tonFXs can even restore all the defaults if you like, but it costs money. If you don't do something like that, you would need to convert them yourself to the proper format and rename them to the right names and ssh them into the proper directory overwriting/replacing the stock sounds.

EnterpriseGlobe

Jan 12, 2009
Visit site
Jailbreak is your key.. You can have more options when you do it to your iPhone.
But I don't jailbreak, you better find other member here that is expert in that manner.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raykv23